Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's a Great Ice Cream Scoop?

Posted by cindylouhoo (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 6, 08 at 14:22

While dishing out ice cream at my 2 year olds birthday party, I realized I needed a really good scoop! Any suggestions? TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's a Great Ice Cream Scoop?

FWIW, Cook's Illustrated likes the following:

Best scoop for small or medium hands
Model: Zeroll #1020-ZT ($22.99)

Best scoop for large hands
Model: KitchenAid KG117BU ($11.79)

One size fits all
Model: Oxo Ice Cream Scoop #56381 ($12.99)

o

We have the original Zeroll one (with the defrosting fluid in the handle) and it works nicely. We don't use it often, but when we have used it, we've been happy with it.

o

Hands down it would be the Zyliss. Everyone who tries one likes it. Fits my small hand well and my son's huge hand equally well. Even DH who would ignore the scoop and use a spoon before uses the Zyliss.

o

I love my OXO. I don't use it for ice cream though. It's perfect for muffins.

o

I have the Cutco scoop and is hands down the best I've used. I like it better than the pampered chef. It does not have the liquid in it like pampered chef but does seem to melt the ice cream as you scoop it.

Then again I have fallen in love with all of my Cutco products.

o

For Ice Cream, I like my Tupperware one, and the Oneida one. They both work extremely well.

for portioning food (scooping batter for muffins, cupcakes, making uniformly sized cookies, sizing mini burgers or candy) I have several Rubbermade portion scoops in various sizes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here