Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Staub 'try me' 2-quart round cocotte

Posted by ossienyc (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 13, 07 at 14:01

This piece is the try me piece from Staub that is usually priced $69.99 to attract new customers with the special "low" price. I have a 5 quart cocotte that made steel cut oatmeal just fine. What would I use a smaller size for? TIA.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Staub 'try me' 2-quart round cocotte

How about a wedding present? If the price is low enough....go for it!
I would use it for rice, wild and domestic, stew for a few and oatmeal for one day.
Linda C

o

There is a new book that's supposed to be wonderful called "Glorious One Pot Meals", that uses a 2 qt. enamel cast iron pot to make a meal for two. She patented a new cooking process. Great reviews on Amazon. Has anyone tried her recipes here?

o

Blondelle, I am seriously intrigued by "Glorious One Pot Meals". Of course if I sprung for the book, I'd also have to buy a new pot :). I already have a 5.5 qt LC on order (my first!), so I was able to show some restraint reguarding the book and a smaller LC. Of course it helped a lot that no one local has the book, so I wasn't able to page through it and get hooked on it.

I'd love to hear from anyone who's tried out "Glorious One Pot Meals"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here