Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Circulon non-stick -- longest lasting??

Posted by LivvysMom (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 24, 05 at 13:23

I need a new non-stick 8" skillet. The JCPenney catalog advertises Circulon non-stick and the longest lasting. Has anyone ever used it?

The ridges have sort of turned my off in the past. I just don't see it as a good pan to cook eggs in.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Circulon non-stick -- longest lasting??

I recently bought a Scanpan non-stick frying pan based on reviews I've read in this forum. I absolutely Love It!

It's the first time I've really successfully cooked eggs and other things with no butter or oil - and no sticking! It practically rinses completely clean under hot water (it is recommended you wash it while it is still warm). I only found it at one store near where I live - but if you do a search online, there are several places that sell it. Some of the scanpans have been on sale recently - but I'm not sure if they still are.

o

I used the Forum Search facility, located at the bottom of the main Forum page, and located all the threads that discuss or refer to Circulon. I've linked the results of that Search below...

TJ

Here is a link that might be useful: THS Search / Circulon

o
.....Just a follow-up thought.....

I've never used Circulon but I question any advertisement that makes claims like that, whether it's in a catalog or on TV.

Meyer Corporation, that manufactures Circulon, also manufactures Kitchen Aid, Anolon, Farberware and other cookware and utensils.

I purchased a large set of Anolon Titanium non-stick over two years ago and am quite pleased with it. If you follow the manufacturer's directions, you can even wash it in the dishwasher.

I've linked the Meyer Corporation online outlet store below...

TJ

Here is a link that might be useful: PotsAndPans.com

o

I have had several circulon pots, pans and a cookie sheet. They were ok in the non stick category. The ridges are awful to clean. They trap food particles in the indentations - ugh!
I have purchased two scan pans recently and it is a total love affair. I couldn't find them in local stores so ordered online.

o

NO NO NO to Circulon! Clean up is just awful! I have two of their pans and then I switched to Analon. It's okay, Calphalon is better,but if money is an issue buy the Analon! Eventually the non-stick surface will wear, even with plastic utensils (all that I use). DD got Calphalon as a wedding gift and I love it.

o

I hate Circulon. Ditto to above posts.

o

I hate Circulon - the ridges are disgusting.

You can find Calphalon nonstick on Amazon fairly cheaply. The Calphalon Commercial Nonstick is guaranteed for life.

o

I spent loads of money on Anolon/ circulon and other makes of Anodized pans , But on offer i gave Tefal induction pans a go , at half the price of the others in my range , they are simply the best . They go in the dishwasher , can have metal utensals , even cook on a open fire /bbq but still keep oil free cooking like brand new.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here