Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deeeeeleeeeete

Big Steamer - All-Clad or what?

Debbie Downer
12 years ago

Does anyone know of a good clad-type pot plus steamer - in the 5-6 quart range? Seems to be lots of 3 quart choices but not much that are larger.

Thought I would get the LARGE 8 quart all-clad steamer insert to fit in 8 qt stockpot I got recently on sale (good deal)- so I ordered one from metro kitchen and... well it doesn't seem to fit all that snugly (compared to my old pots) and the handles don't quite match the 8 quart pot - seem a bit thicker. OK, I suppose that wouldnt be the end of the world but I'm kinda rethinking the size as well.

Does anyone have this All-clad combo? Is the loose fit of the steamer (and the lid too for that matter) a problem? I wouldn't want lots of steam escaping, rattling lid, etc.

In the meantime I'm thinking.... I sure wish I could find something more in the 5-6 quart range. Any suggestions?

My old steamer and pot was 6 quart and it was just the most perfect thing ever. Used that sucker almost daily - steam vegs & meat in the top, while rice cooked below. The layers of the base of the pot are peeling which is why I thought I'd get something new.

Comments (2)