Tue, Jan 2, 07 at 12:15
|…instead of on the stovetop. How much would it change the flavor of onions and other vegetables? You could use less or no oil.|
|I probably should have put this on the cooking forum, huh?|
|If you use no oli, you are not sauteeing. |
It won't be sauteeing in the microwave. Sauteeing involves food in contact with a hot surface....in the microwave, the microwaves cook the food and the surface they are against remains cool....
I wouldn't see any point in doing it....and it won't be as good.
Return to the Cookware Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here