Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pammyfay

Should I stick w/ a nonstick pan if...

pammyfay
18 years ago

...I want to use it for both making a spaghetti sauce and doing chicken cutlets and (low-heat) stir-frys?

I cook only a little bit and have used a set of T-Fal nonstick (from QVC) for the past 10 or so years (wow--that's a lot). The chicken-fryer pan (nice capacity, straight sides) is starting to look its age, and the interior covering is starting to wear off.

I'd really like to find one pan to replace it, because I don't spend all that much time in the kitchen and don't have a lot of storage space. I still use the T-Fal skillets and saucepots for other things, and they look fine.

From what I've read, tomato-based sauces should NOT be used in SS?

Macys has a bunch of pans on sale this week, so I want to stop by and see how they feel. Like many other folks, I'm starting to pay attention to how hard they are on the wrists (I do a lot of typing at work--and on these boards!--so I'm starting to think a lot more about preserving what is integral to my job).

So I'm wondering if I should eliminate any of the SS varieties right off the bat because of the cooking I want to be able to do with one general pan?

Comments (4)