Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Express garlic cooker?

Posted by catherinet (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 16, 08 at 11:40

Has anyone tried this little appliance? Its small and uses electricity. Supposedly you can put 3 garlic bulbs in it and within 27 minutes they're roasted. It got good reviews on Amazon, but was wondering if any of you have experience with it? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Express garlic cooker?

Why? When you could use your oven or a toaster oven? What else does it do?
I am so against one use equipment!
Linda C

o

I don't have a toaster oven and heating the entire oven for so long, just for garlic is a waste of energy.

o

Cook the garlic when you are cooking something else...3 heads of roasted garlic is a lot for one meal....and I suspect the energy use would be considerable for just roasting a little garlic.
Do it when you are roasting meat of veggies and save it for another day....unless you have unlimited storage and can afford an appliance that will be used perhaps twice a month?? Or less often???
You can also roast garlic on a heavy dutch oven on top of the stove.....and you can use the Dutch oven for soups and stews.
Linda c

o

Hey, I've seen one of those too and ran away from it. I agree with Linda.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here