Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for a utensil--pan strainer

Posted by Talley_Sue_NYC (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 27, 05 at 11:28

We have a utensil we use to pour off the grease from the frying pan when we brown ground beef. It's sort of scythe shaped--a half-moon on a handle. The half-moon part is metal, and has holes. There's a thin lip on the bottom edge that you use to hold it in place against the frying pan.

I'm sure we bought it somewhere low-end, like Target or Woolworth's (back in the day).

Now I can't find one to save my life, and the old one is coming apart.

Anybody seen one of these? We found it convenient to use, and would rather not switch to some other method. (like a colander)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for a utensil--pan strainer

Is this what your looking for?

Here is a link that might be useful: pot strainer

o

I have one and it came as a free-bee from the savings and loan company a lot of years ago.
I would guess your best bet would be to try to find one used....try garage sales, ebay, Good will and other resale shops.
Linda C

o

dishesdone, that's great! Exactly what I was looking for, but dishwasher safe!

Linda C, your idea is great, too--I went looking on Google and Froogle,a nd found this one, below--though it won't go in the dishwasher!

Here is a link that might be useful: on an antiques site

o

Dear lord, our '80's stuff qualifies as an antique!!!

o
that green-handled '80s 'antique'

I have that same strainer, only with a red handle! I guess I'll have to treat it more carefully now that it's an "antique."

There's a plastic version at Kitchen Kapers.

o

I have that strainer and got it at Linens N Things about a year ago.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here