Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grill pan size and shape

Posted by dmlove (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 22, 07 at 11:27

What would be the advantage/disadvantage of a grill pan that's basically shaped like a frying pan (has sides) vs. a grill pan that's flat (no sides). Lodge makes both and I'm trying to figure out which to get.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grill pan size and shape

I love Lodge products. I have all sorts of cookware, but I recently returned to cast iron for a number of functions. The shape that is best depends upon what you plan to grill in the pan. Some find things like pancakes are easy to lift off the pan if it doesn't have sides. Think spatula angles. On the other hand, if you're grilling things that are likely to drip, say steaks, it's nice to have the sides. Even wells at the edges of flat pans don't always retain all the grease. This is especially true when it's time to lift the grill pan off of the stove.

o
RE: Grill pan size and shape

Thanks - that makes sense. I'm going to get the one with sides, because the whole point is to be able to cook a chicken breast, or a steak, or a piece of fish in the pan once in awhile.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here