Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bakers Catalog--Anyone order from here?

Posted by kitchendetective (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 13, 07 at 11:16

I received a Baker's Catalog from King Arthur Flour. It looks like it has some worthwhile items: good-looking stainless steel cookware, terra cotta that can be used on the cooktop, King Arthur flour, 10" dough scrapers among them. Have you ever used this company? What is your experience?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bakers Catalog--Anyone order from here?

PRICEY. I ordered from them because I wanted to stock up on their King Arthur flour. They are definitely not the cheapest. If you see anything other than the exclusive flour you like, then I suggest checking the prices on Amazon which has free shipping.

o

Yes, they're full retail but they have some stuff that's hard to find elsewhere.

Good quick service. I've had good experiences with them and will continue to do business with them.

o

Which brings me to my next question: Is KA flour really better than what I can buy in the store?

o

Absolutely. And you can buy KA flour in the store. I buy their unbleached all-purpose, unbleached bread, and artisan in our local Stop & Shop. Shop Rite and A & P carry some of theirs, as well.

o

I've not seen it in my rural, local store, but I shall try to find it next time I am in a larger city. Thank you for all your responses.

o

We have been and will continue to purchase items from KA catalog. Our orders have always been correct and recieved in a timely fashion. Their flours are awesome and while we can purchase the 5lb bags at our local supermarkets, they don't carry the 25lb bags. We order them from the catalog. We do lots of baking! We have ordered flours, flavorings, caramel, chocolate, utensils, cookie molds and cutters and more. Never a problem with anything. They are a great company. NancyLouise

o

I second NancyLouise's glowing recommendation ;o) I order baking utensils, specialty items (flavorings, sugars, Bakewell Cream, etc.) from them. I ordered my Viking stand mixer from them last year when they had free shipping on it. One thing that's great about their ordering process is the fact that they charge shipping based on incremental weights, not on items. So if you order an item that weighs (for instance) 2.5 pounds and the shipping "level" is based on 2-3 pounds, they will let you know the items you can order that won't cost you extra in shipping. Good for you, and good for them...a good marketing ploy, but it works. They have always been very helpful, and you can actually speak to a baker in their test kitchen. They will give you feedback and honest opinions. I've never had a bad experience ordering from or dealing with them.
Nora

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here