Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Immersion Blenders

Posted by lisbet (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 19, 09 at 10:48

I need a new hand-held immersion blender, but don't know which to choose! What brand is considered best? Is anyone particularly pleased with the one you are using?

Any comments on the subject (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Immersion Blenders

We have the $50 9-speed KitchenAid, which you see a lot of Food Network chefs using. The blade assembly goes in the dishwasher, and that's what sold me.

o

Bamix is considered the best from my research and what the chefs at the cooking school that I attend use. Williams Sonoma used to carry it and this is the model that I had. They run about $150. Pleasant Hill Grill has different models.

Best of luck!

o

JMO, but I think $150 is a bit high for this type of appliance. We also have the KA and love it. We do use it for more things than we had thought, but still wouldn't have wanted to pay such big bucks.

o

Suzyq3,
Different strokes for different folks. I tend to only buy things once and I have had my Bamix for over 10years without a single problem. I use it alot for smoothies and the like. I works like a champ!

Good luck!

o

I should have included the fact that the KitchenAid was the highest rated a couple years ago by Cook's Illustrated, although I do not think that the Bamix was included in their samples.

o

I have the Cuisinart (with a cord). I purchased it at Sam's Club for less than $30. I've had it for about a year and it works very well.

o

Many thankd for the responses! Wish I could afford the Bamix....but, am going to have to settle on KA.

Although the Bamix would probably be a "once-in-a-lifetime" purchase, the KA is, in all probability, also a durable product made by a company known for high quality.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here