Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cuisenart Black Cookware - Does it get scratched?

Posted by derbydad03 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 6, 10 at 10:07

I bought the set of Cuisinart MultiClad Unlimited Cookware shown here as a Christmas gift for my wife.

Here's our concern:

She's worried that the black coating on the exterior is going to get scratched up and the cookware will become very ugly very soon.

Right out of the box, we can see some slight markings on the exterior and we are wondering if they will just get worse.

We don't have room to hang the cookware, so they are going to be stuffed into cabinets.

Any other comments on this cookware set would certainly be welcome.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cuisenart Black Cookware - Does it get scratched?

Yes.....that anodized aluminum will scratch....
And that's one of the reason's I don't like it....an other reason is it's subject to warping.

o

Thanks.

I already returned the set and am now looking for a good price on the MultiClad set that is all stainless - unless you want to steer me in a different direction.

I paid $250 for the anodized set but it looks like the stainless will run about $300.

Ah well, the wife's well worth that amount!

o

Have you looked at Tramontina from Wal Mart? It gets rave reviews and is very reasonably priced. I got the large saute pan just before Christmas and so far, have been very pleased.

Brenda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here