Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
electrolux/magic mill dlx mixer too big for 1-2 people house?

Posted by lilafter (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 2, 10 at 0:11

hi,

i'm in the market for a stand mixer- not interested in the ka or cuisinart- cheap parts, lots of complaints in the reviews.

using a cheap hand mixer right now, but have saved up to finally get a quality stand mixer.

i started looking at the braun multipractic/k650, then the bosch compact and universal and then the electrolux dlx mixer.

each gets progressively more $$$$ and somehow, i've convinced myself i need the dlx mixer. i have a small kitchen and usually cook for 1-2 and occasionally more for potlucks/parties- so the braun and bosch compact seemed ideal but the compact is no longer made and not sure about the quality of braun. plus they are both plastic.

i basically want something that is going to last forever, is simple to use/clean and can mix small and large amounts equally well.

everyone raves about the huge amounts the dlx can take- but can it mix smaller amounts just as well? i guess thats my biggest question.

thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: electrolux/magic mill dlx mixer too big for 1-2 people house?

Go do a search on the Cooking forum and if you can't find the information you're looking for just ask that group for help. Many on the Cooking forum have the mixers you're asking about and are more than willing to answer your questions. Plus that site moves faster.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here