Return to the Cookware Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opinions of Ikea cookware?

Posted by JessyFeldm_speakeasy (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 29, 05 at 0:11

A search through the threads on this forum yielded no discussions of Ikea's cookware. I don't expect top quality or performance, but I am curious as to people's experiences/opinions. This could be another Costco-like discovery, or.....

Brigand seems to be the (anodized?) aluminum.

Ikea/365 is their aluminum/stainless three layer base.

Kavalkad is their non-stick.

There are others...enjoy persuing. I remember looking at the 5 qt with steamer for veggies and pasta only and being suitably impressed for $25.00 (last year). I took a set, but the lines were too long so I left it there. Regretted it ever since, but now I'm seeking forum opinions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ikea cookware main page

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opinions of Ikea cookware?

Personally I love the 365 stuff. Never a problem and incredible bang for the buck.

o
RE: Opinions of Ikea cookware?

The 365 is not fully clad, but only has a aluminum core on the bottom. But fully-clad pots and pans aren't necessary for many preparations. The IKEA stuff is lighter than more expensive stuff so you'll have to watch the heat closely, but it's decent for the price range. Of course, the nonstick is not dishwasher safe, so that would be a deal-breaker for me.

Next time you are at the store, check and see if stuff will nestle into other pieces unless you have hectacres of storage space. And examine those handles closely and imagine if they will stay cool while cooking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cookware Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here