Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Microwave Fudge

Posted by barb_roselover_in (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 13, 11 at 23:41

I'm wanting to send my son a box for Christmas, but am not in any shape to stand for a long period of time and stir. Does anybody have any good microwave recipes for candy? I can handle that and he would love it. Thanks in advance. Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Microwave Fudge

This is the recipe I've used for years and everyone loves it.

Foolproof Microwave Fudge

3 cups (18 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand� Sweetened Condensed Milk
Dash salt
1/2 to 1 cups chopped nuts (optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

MICROWAVE METHOD

COMBINE chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk and salt in 1-quart glass measure. Cook on HIGH (100% power) 3 minutes or until chips are melted, stirring after 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. CHILL 2 hours or until firm. Remove from pan by lifting edges of foil. Cut into squares.
VARIATIONS
CREAMY DARK CHOCOLATE FUDGE: MELT 2 cups miniature marshmallows with chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Proceed as above.
MILK CHOCOLATE FUDGE: OMIT 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Add 1 cup milk chocolate chips. Proceed as above.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CHIP GLAZED FUDGE: FOLLOW above recipe using 3/4 cup peanut butter chips instead of nuts. For glaze, melt 1/2 cup peanut butter chips with 1/2 cup heavy cream. Stir until thick and smooth. Spread over chilled fudge.

o

I use the same recipe that bcskye uses accept I add 1 tsp of instant espresso powered,
it really brings out the chocolate flavor. Got this idea from Ida Garner.

Linda

o

I use the Fantasy Fudge recipe found on the Kraft Marshmellow Creme jar. Not that the above isn't good, it likely is, and I pretty much like all fudge, but as an alternate if you so choose.

FANTASY FUDGE

3 c. sugar
3/4 c. butter
2/3 c. evaporated milk
1 (12 oz.) pkg. Baker's real semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (7 oz.) jar Kraft marshmallow creme
1 c. chopped nuts
1 tsp. vanilla

MICROWAVE: Microwave butter in 4 quart bowl or casserole on high 1 minute or until melted. Add sugar and milk, mix well. Microwave on high 5 minutes or until mixture begins to boil; stir after 3 minutes. Mix well, scrape bowl. Microwave 5 1/2 minutes; stir after 3 minutes. Gradually stir in chocolate until melted. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour into greased 9 x 9 x inch or 13 x 9 inch pan. Cool at room temperature, cut into squares. 3 pounds.

CONVENTIONAL: Stir together butter, sugar and milk in heavy 2 1/2 to 3 quart saucepan; bring to full boil, stirring constantly. Boil 5 minutes over medium heat or until candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in chocolate until melted. Add remaining ingredients; mix until well blended. Pour into greased 9 x 9 inch or 13 x 9 inch pan. Cool at room temperature; cut into squares.

Prep time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 15 minutes. 3 pounds. High Altitude: Decrease recommended temperature (234 degrees) 2 degrees for every 1, 000 feet above sea level. NOTE: Do not substitute sweetened condensed milk for evaporated milk.

o

Thanks loads for all your help. I have to get on the stick because this has to go clear to the east coast. I don't know about everybody else, but I'm beginning to run out of energy. Barb

o

We love this recipe for peanut brittle.

Peanut Brittle (Microwave)(DanaIN/Marilyn)

1 cup sugar

1tablespoon real butter
1/2 cup light Karo syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
1 cup raw, shelled peanuts

Heavily spray cookie sheet with Pam. Combine sugar, Karo and salt in a 3-quart casserole (also sprayed with Pam). Stir in peanuts. Microwave at high until brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir once or twice during cooking time. Remove from microwave and stir in remaining ingredients until light and foamy. Quickly spread onto greased baking sheet. Spread as thin as possible for brittle candy. Cool; break into pieces.

David

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here