Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good Catalogs to order Food (not sweets)

Posted by blueiris24 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 9, 12 at 23:14

Does anyone have a favorite "food" catalog that they like to order from for the holidays? I'm looking for something other than candy or other sweets, and not interested in Harry & David. I have a few orders I need to place for families in other parts of the country. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good Catalogs to order Food (not sweets)

Nueskes and Zingermans are both excellent. The first is fine quality bacon, ham etc. The latter is a wide range of superb breads, meats, olive oils, cheeses, and mixed delicatessen specialties.

o

I love Fly Creek. It's an apple orchard in upstate NY but they also have great BBQ sauces as well as other sauces, cheeses, baked goods, dips, jellies, jams, etc.

I also love Stash Tea and Community Coffee. I also like Melissa's Produce.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fly Creek Cider Mill

o

I haven't ordered from Dakin Farms in Vermont but I get their emails. Probably will order from them today. They are offering ground shipping rates for the next 3 days. They are teamed with Cabot cheese so I figure that's a good endorsement. Love Cabot's cheese

o

Thank you for your ideas-- I did find Nueskes but turns out they don't send to APO addresses, which is where this gift is headed -- I will try the other suggestions - thank you!

o

The Vermont Country Store has a large selection.

Jim

Here is a link that might be useful: The Vermont Country Store

o

Late to the game again! I forgot one. I order from it rarely because I do think they are expensive but I always love it: Legal Seafood! I especially love their clam chowder and their scallops. I hope Santa gives me a gift card again this year!

Here is a link that might be useful: Legal Seafood

o

Allen Brothers ships divine steaks, but not to P.O. boxes, so won't work for you this time. Nevertheless, below is the link for future reference. The bone-in filets are price-y but so worth it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Allen Brothers

o

Penzey's ships free (for a minimum purchase you're bound to hit). They have some lovely gift packages. Kinda food.

o

Cougar Gold cheddar is excellent, check out the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: cheese

o

I've never seen canned cheese before! I've led a sheltered life.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here