Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
O.K. Off The Wall

Posted by dcarch (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 19, 12 at 22:53

The Convenience Food thread made me remember some of the silly food ideas I had.

I like TJ's tamales. For fun, I decided to change the tamale's personality a little with these two dishes.

dcarch

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: O.K. Off The Wall

Dcarch - That is a very interesting combination. Did you make stuffed cabbage leaves with tamales? and sushi? how about the taste, did you liked it?

I have a lot of baby Chinese cabbage in my garden and I am trying to think out of the box to come up with other dishes other than stir fry cabbage oriental style. I love lettuce wraps...

Silvia

o

Very interesting. You are so creative. We have tamales a lot. I am going to try it with the cabbage leaves next time. What are the black squiggly lines?
Clare

o

Fantastic!

Thanks also for the endorsement of TJ's tamales.

o

Thanks Cathy, The only tamales I buy are from T.J.'s. (disclaimer - I am not the owner of Trader Joe's)

Thanks Clare. The black squiggly lines are leftover asphalt from my driveway repairs, LOL! Sorry, kidding. That's my homemade black garlic sauce.

Thankls Silvia, When I don't have time to cook and use pre-made stuff from the stores, often I try to turn them into sometime else. Sometimes I end up with crazy off the wall ideas like sushi tamales.

dcarch

This post was edited by dcarch on Fri, Dec 21, 12 at 20:01

o

I posted on the "convenience foods" thread that TJs has good tamales. A couple days after I posted that I was at TJs there and they had a 4th kind. Sweet corn tamales - similar to the green chili/cheese ones but with corn kernals. I bought a pack and put them in the freezer. I did not try them myself but the guy that rents the lower half of my duplex thought they were delicious. I need to get some more so I can actually try them.

Mine will not look that fancy. I will put one on a plate and heat it. I might shred a little Queso Blanco on the top.

Teresa

o

Teresa, I have to go and check out the Sweet corn tamales.

There are three TJ's near me. 5 minutes, 10 minutes and 15 minutes. The 5 minute one just expanded.

dcarch

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here