Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
have you made/tasted calpis ?

Posted by trailrunner (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 1, 12 at 19:42

Just found this drink...sounds very yum. Is used as a mixer in drinks/shots or by itself . Would be refreshing and healthy w/o the liquor and add a nice tang to the drink too. c

Here is a link that might be useful: calpis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: have you made/tasted calpis ?

I have had it sometime ago. Can't remember exactly the taste. It was nice.

Same as Calpico.

dcarch

Here is a link that might be useful: Calpico

o

It sounds really good to me too. I love yogurt and always have it without sugar, but this sounds good. Hm... wonder how it would work without the sugar? I'll have to try making some, with and without. Thanks Trail.

o

coconut..I think you have to have the sugar so that it will be slightly fermented/carbonated. I don't think you would get the same effect with just the yogurt. You drink it with soda water so it is diluted. I am going to try it come summer. Sounds so refreshing. I am also going to take a tip from the bars and make a Hello Kitty ...but leave off the vodka and just put the strawberry puree...Sounds so yum and cooling ! See link...

Here is a link that might be useful: Hello Kitty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here