Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eggplant.

Posted by Lindac (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 17, 11 at 19:24

I succumbed to the siren lure of egg plant....when in reality I am not going to eat the whole one all by myself.....and I've had it for 3 days!
Family arrives Thursday ( be the Good Lord willin and the snow doesn't fly!) I am thinking of baba ghanouje or however it's spelled....or eggplant caponata.
If I make one or the other tonight or tomorrow, how long will it keep?
Linda C

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eggplant.

Sounds kind of iffy. Probably be ok, but personally, I'd roast the eggplant and freeze it right in the skin, then take it out and make the babaganouje. I freeze quite a bit of eggplant like that. Seems to affect texture least.

o

Hmm.....just put the whole thing into the oven? Prick it of course.....
How long?
Then freeze the whole thing? In the skin? or scoop out and freeze the pulp?

o

Yes..whole thing, unless it's really bit then I cut in half and put cut side down with a little oil on pan. It varies by size how long of course but just cook till it's really soft. They generally look like flat tire. Just meaning they collapse when fully cooked. Twenty minutes to forty or more. I leave in skin until I unfreeze it as it seems to protect the flesh better, plus you can pretty much just peel the skin off or scrape out easily.

o

Thanks....It's a little one....so we will bave baba ghanoush!

o

Speaking of eggplant..1.99lb..outrageous.

o

When I bought mine they were $.99 each.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here