Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which Focaccia recipe amounts seem more accurate?

Posted by aptosca (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 22, 12 at 19:22

I got both these recipes from the Food Network website. The first one is from The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond.

1 1/2 cups warm water (not lukewarm)(24 Tablespoons?)
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling

The second is from Emeril Lagasse.
6 tablespoons warm water
1/4-ounce active dry yeast (2-1/4 tsp)
2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons sugar
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Comparing the two recipes, there is quite a difference in amount of flour to water to yeast. Which one do you think would come out the best?
Thanks.
Clare

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which Focaccia recipe amounts seem more accurate?

Just from a quick look hers will be like soup...you have to be used to ciabatta type wet doughs to handle this kind. His looks like it will be so dry as to be useless. Something is wrong with them both !

I will link a recipe that will definitely work. I use her formulas all the time and they are always perfect and easy to accomplish. Good Luck !! c

Here is a link that might be useful: focaccia on Wild Yeast Blog

o
RE: Which Focaccia recipe amounts seem more accurate?

trailrunner - I thought they both looked a little odd. Thanks for the link to the recipe. I will check it out.
Clare

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here