SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bcskye

Annie's White Bread (Grandma's Recipe)

bcskye
9 years ago

Annie, I have to let you know I tried your recipe and it was so-so-so delicious! I've looked for a white bread that we would like for many years. Today I came across yours. Its fantastic! I made it in my bread machine. I just can't knead bread anymore and can't see leaving the bread machine sitting on a shelf. I wound up with a very tall loaf and it was very tender with a great taste and a perfect crust. I usually use the bread machine for all the mixing, kneading and rising then bake in the oven. That's what I'll do the next time which will be tomorrow or Monday. Thank you so much for posting that recipe.

By the way, we finally got good news on my husband's cancer. After many surgeries, they finally got rid of all those mutant, rapidly growing cancers and they didn't have to do an entire scalpectomy. They still don't know what triggered them or much of anything else about them because no one had ever seen them before and we do have top doctors. They were ready to tell him he was terminal, but now says he has a lot of good years ahead of him. He's now bald and plans to stay that way which I definitely like. One of the ladies at church who just turned 85 got to meet him a couple of weeks ago and informed me I have an extremely good looking husband. Not that I'm prejudice, but I have to agree with her. I'm thankful for my miracle.

Comment (1)