Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
AnnT- fudge question!

Posted by chancesmom (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 22, 13 at 19:14

Hi Ann and everyone!

I haven't been around much but have been lurking off and on. I was inspired today to make maple fudge. My mom, who hardly ever cooked, used to make fudge about once every 2 years and it was sublime!

So I trusted the best resources and found Ann's recipe on her website, maple cream fudge. Having never made fudge or other candy like confections, I was a little worried it wouldn't work. I followed the directions and made sure I cooked it and stirred it as instructed! I poured it into a buttered glass dish about 3 and it is still not hard.....I can poke a finger in it. Does that sound right? Should it be more set than that now?

Any thoughts welcome!

Janet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: AnnT- fudge question!

Janet, sounds like you didn't cook it quite long enough or more likely it wasn't stirred long enough before pouring into the dish.

The fudge will start to thicken and lose its gloss , and that is when you pour into the dish.

You can't go by time. It will vary every time depending on ingredients and even weather.

~Ann

Here is a link that might be useful: Fudge

o

Thanks Ann......

Yes, I was afraid of that. It seems set now but I put it in the fridge overnight. I will try cutting it later and see if it holds.

If it doesn't, is there any way to save it?

o

Hi Janet! How's your little one doing? I can remember pictures in the dresses someone sent. Gosh, that was so long ago. Probably not little any more. Good to see you.

o

HI Robb333

You are right! She is about 5 ft 7 in!! The dresses were from terri from the pacific northwest area! That was over 5 years ago - how time flies. Chance is now 12.5 and quickly turning into the stereotypical teen.

janet

o

Oh my, I still think of Chance as being a little seven year old.

I agree with Rob, very nice to see you here again.

I've seen others say that they fix fudge by recooking. I have not tried that there are instructions on the attached link.

Merry Christmas.

~Ann

Here is a link that might be useful: Fudge Fix

o

Oh dear--a teen already ? Stop feeding her Janet & maybe she'll stall out at 12.5. Nice to "see" you again-- hope your Holidays are great.

Diane

o

Oh. My. Gosh! You go girl. Wow. She's tall. Not little. How cool is that?!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here