Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nesco Roaster/Slow Cooker for $5???

Posted by donna_loomis (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 22, 11 at 17:52

Am I missing something, or is this as good as it sounds?

Sorry for the separate post, but I was hoping that those of you who already responded to my other post would take a look and tell me what you think.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nesco for $5

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nesco Roaster/Slow Cooker for $5???

WOW! That is a crazy deal! I would definitely hop on that!

Alexa

o
omg

Yes, I know, I'm impatient. I was afraid I'd miss the deal, so I went ahead and ordered it. $5 + $7.95 shipping. Total $12.95. Just checked the link again to see if they sold them all (I think there were 11 available when I placed my order). There are still some left, but now the price is $102! Scared me, so I checked what I had been charged and sure enough I paid $12.95.

I'm still hoping it's a good roaster and I didn't get taken, even though it was only $12.95.

I wonder if it was an error that Amazon corrected after I placed my order.

o

Waaaa! I missed out on that deal!

I have a hunch you are right, Donna. A typo that they corrected but had to honor for those that jumped on the deal!

Linda

o

What a score. Good catch!

o

Shows $99.95 here. Interesting to see if you get it. Good luck.

o

Something strange is going on. After it went to $102 I waited a while and checked again and it had gone down to $99.95, then later up to $107 and now it is $99.95 again. What the heck? I'll bet I get a refund instead of a roaster. I'll let you know.

o

Interesting. Yes, please let us know.

o
My Order

This morning I checked my Amazon account and the order has disappeared. I requested a rep at Amazon call me, which they did. The rep said that she could see the order and said that the seller had cancelled the transaction. Their contract states that they can cancel an order for any reason. She gave me contact info for the seller so that I could appeal to them myself. And to help relieve my great disappointment they gave me a $30 credit on my amazon account to be used whenever I wish. I've heard it said, and now I know it's true - Amazon's customer service is stellar.

o

Ah...bummer. I would have rather had that roaster for $12.95! LOL

Linda

o

Me too, Linda, me too.

o

I love a good deal as much as the next guy, but not at the expense of someone who made an obvious mistake. I'd be more than happy with a $30 credit - great customer service, they didn't have to do that.

o

You're right. It was just wishful thinking that I could have gotten that good a deal. I have been properly chastised.

o

donna_loomis, use the credit to get a roaster. Using the credit to get one you'll still get a good deal with very little added to it.

o

Bryansda, that is exactly what I plan on doing. But now, I am going to do a bit more research and I have to decide how big a roaster I want. I know many here swear by their Nesco roasters, but some of them have gotten bad/mixed reviews. So now, I guess I'd like to know from those of you who have one, specifically which model you are in love with.

We had an after Thanksgiving turkey dinner at a friend's house and she had another brand of roaster that she cooked her 12 pound turkey in. Other than the fact that the skin didn't really brown, DH and I were really impressed with it. But DH never said anything to me about it until I told him about what happened yesterday. He said that he would love to have one. But I want to have one that I can love back, LOL.

o

Oh no, Donna, please, not chastised in the least! I just meant I'd be happy with what I got if I were you and not make a further issue of it. Which you didn't. Good luck with whatever you end up getting!

o

Donna I have a Kenmore 18 qt and a Nesco, 6 qt Ivory with the porcelain cookwell. The Nesco I bought on walmart.com for $34 with free to the store shipping. I got the large one to bake a turkey in, but still haven't done a whole turkey yet. I have done 4 of the whole frozen boneless turkeys at once.

o

Bryansda, other than the obvious difference in size, are you equally happy with the two brands?

o

Bryansda, other than the obvious difference in size, are you equally happy with the two brands?

o

Donna I'm happy with both. I haven't used the 18 qt as much as the 6, but both have worked well for me. There are just the two of us at home now, so the 6 qt is what works here. I usually take the 18 on vacation with us when we're going to have all the kids (4 plus spouses) and grands (10) joining us.

o

Hi folks, Unless the links have changed, I see the $5 deal, but it is JUST for some hot stable plastic liners to put inside the roaster, and there is a $12 ship charge too.

o

Trust me, chas045, it was originally for the roaster at $5. I have had dialogue with someone from the company and he said that the person that posted all of their sales that day made serious errors and they were inundated with orders for products at impossible prices. And since they are a very small company (only 2 employees), they couldn't possibly fulfill those orders. The error has (obviously) been corrected.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here