Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marshmallows and Christmas cookie trays

Posted by beachlily (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 13, 13 at 17:10

I usually don't post pictures, but this year I'm so happy with the cookie trays that I wanted to share. Plus, after seeing Annie's pictures of macarons, I had to share what it's like to make peppermint marshmallows!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marshmallows and Christmas cookie trays

Oh ! I'll take a few of those !! They're just crying for a cup of hot chocolate , Yummy !

Diane

o

Oops, I forgot to add the cookie trays.

o

What are those chocolate Art Deco thingies in the middle of the tray?
Truffles? Deep, dark and delish? For me? Thank you.

The peppermint is soooo pretty. Lovely!

o

Very pretty & professional! I think I'm going to try making homemade marshmallows this year, if the weather allows. I understand you need low humidity, been rather rainy here lately.

o

Arlene, those are just beautiful, something I haven't made yet either.

The trays turned out to be as lovely as I thought they would be, the recipients are very lucky indeed.

Merry Christmas.

Annie

o

Ummm ... don't worry about the humidity. I'm in FL and humidity is never low. I do recommend the Smitten Kitchen recipe. I used crushed peppermint candy canes sold by King Arthur. They smell great and taste really good.

Those Art Deco things are Lar's Madeleine Turtles. Belgian chocolate, caramel and fresh, roasted pecans.

Thanks for the good words!

o
RE:Marshmallows and Christmas cookie trays

Regarding the marshmallows, they are EXTREMELY messy to do! Use a lot of confectioner's sugar in the pan that you use to form them. I had to let them sit overnight in the refrigerator, and then found the texture and taste were better 3 days later. Don't let the lady at Smitten Kitchen dissuade you. Oh, the 2 egg white she uses makes the final product absolutely wonderful!

o

Very pretty cookie plates! ! Would you tell us, left to right, what the cookies are.

o

OK, left to right it is!

Bourbon balls
Annie's Chewy Molasses Cookies
Peppermint Marshmallows (wrapped in Cling Wrap to keep the smell from invading other cookies!)
Maple Pecan squares
Bitter chocolate Peanut Clusters
Coconut Macaroons
Chocolate Raspberry Bars
and in the center are Lar's Madeline Turtles

o

I've been wanting to try my hand at marshmallows. Your peppermint ones look divine! As does the rest of your trays. Now that almost all of my kids' school-related commitments are done as of tonight, I can't wait to get to some holiday baking. Thanks for sharing!

o

Marshmallows are another thing I've been wanting to try,
But haven't yet.
I love the idea of peppermint marshmallows!

Okay, I love the idea of anything peppermint!
(Almost)

Guess I'd better get my lazy self away from this computer
And into the kitchen! !

Every thing on your trays looks delicious!

Rusty

o

Gorgeous and a wonderful mix!

o

Beautiful cookie plates, Beachlily! What a nice variety, too.

Sally

o

I'm glad to know I don't have to worry too much about the humidity. I always seem to be in the candy making mood when it rains, & thought it wouldn't turn out right.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here