SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sameboat

Challenge: Eggless Brunch

sameboat
11 years ago

Hello everyone! I am planning a brunch for my family in three weeks. I am allergic to eggs and can't even have them in the house. I can't breathe the steam when they cook or my face swells and my throat closes. So I know brunch is an odd thing for me to plan, but it's the right time frame for our get-together.

I found a store-brand buttermilk pancake mix that does not contain powdered eggs and all you add is water. It's delicious and will do just fine. I am also planning to make loads of bacon in the oven so it's not splattering all over my kitchen. I will make a casserole that has onion, sausage, lots of shredded cheddar cheese, zucchini, summer squash, eggplant, canned diced tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and lots of basil. And I will have doughnuts and a selection of fruits to put over the pancakes.

Can you think of anything else that will round off this brunch that does not include eggs? I feel like I need something else. We don't drink, so no mimosas but I will have orange juice, grapefruit juice and coffee...or should I skip the grapefruit juice and instead broil halves of grapefruit with some sweet topping? A ham? Is there inexpensive ham? I spent almost $30 on the Christmas ham alone and we are feeling a bit stretched already. But this is for my side of the family this time so a different crowd than Christmas Eve.

There will be about 10 adults and a handful of teenage boys.

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert