SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleevendog

Seven Days, Seven Fishes

Not something i planned but it seems to be this weeks challenge.
This past Wednesday we had seared salmon over homemade pasta...a thin wide noodle.
With leeks, shallots, green olives, cherry toms, parsley, (dill would have been super), garlic chips, etc.
Thursday was cod cakes, a family favorite. At the same time made a killer Baccala salad that needed a rest overnight...so that was last night.
Tonight, maybe scallops or shrimp, or both...
The weather is crazy! May reach 65! (record high) tomorrow...
We still have a few inches of snow, now melting and slushy, but i believe it is time for grilling!
I had planned smoked salmon BLT's, but thinking grilled sardines and shrimp, a mixed grill.
Or rotis a leg of lamb...seafood apps.
The sardines are gorgeous and about a foot long. Shrimp is from the gulf, scallops are from coastal Maine waters. Salmon wild caught Alaskan. (All frozen, but i prefer this time of year as it hits the markets frozen anywho)...and i can take out just a few as needed...
Monday i'll do something cod again...
Tuesday is now a bouillabaisse using all of the above seafood...
-saved the thin tail end from the salmon, etc.
The Baccala was a test recipe of mine deciding if i'll take it to a party...that would be a yes, so i'll double or triple it to have for Christmas day at home. I've created a new tradition.
...i will certainly photo the process and write this one down.
I did make one a few months ago for a family reunion...it was, meh, just ok, and was bugging me...
A nice addition would be a slice of avocado and a small chunk of fetta served to table...

The oyster, lobster, and crab creations that are usually part of this week are scrapped...just not available like they were before Thanksgiving.

Here is a link that might be useful: finessing sardines

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths