SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cj47_gw

Spinach Artichoke Dip--keep or toss?

cj47
10 years ago

I tend to be very much a "toss it if there's even a shadow of a doubt" person, so I'm posting this for perspective before tossing it. Circumstances below....

My college freshman son (home for the weekend, yay!) made a spinach artichoke dip for a Thanksgiving reunion of high school friends. It came out beautifully and he artfully arranged it on a plate with pita chips. He was very proud. However, he and only one other person actually ate it, so 95% of it is still in the bowl.

Ingredients: Sour Cream, store bought mayo, cream cheese, frozen spinach, canned artichokes, seasonings.

It was NOT heated up before serving, so it arrived at room or cool temperature, and sat in the coolish basement party room for approximately 5 hours, and was refrigerated immediately when it arrived home.

Had it been heated up before serving (as had been planned, but didn't happen) it would be a no brainer. But since all of the ingredients would be OK sitting out for a bit, I'm on the fence, actually inclined to keep it. Opinions? Should we have it as we decorate the Christmas tree tonight before he goes back to school tomorrow?

Thanks for all input.

Cj

Comments (2)