SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrs_tlc_gw

Zucchini Ribbon Pinwheels

mrs_tlc
15 years ago

I got this out of my Dec. "Natural Health Magazine". Sounded great so I made it to take on a picnic and try out prior to the holidays. DH was skeptical. It was a big hit!

1 8 oz. pkg farmer's or goat cheese, or a wet, not dry/crumbly fetta. (I used goat)

1/2 C. roasted red peppers packed in water, drained and finely chopped, or one large roasted red pepper, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped.

1/2 C. thawed and chopped frozen spinach, drained well or the equivalent amount of steamed and chopped fresh spinach.

1/2 C. golden raisins, roughly chopped

1 teaspoon indian curry powder

sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.

2-3 long, large zucchini

1. allow cheese to come to room temp. In a med. bowl, blend it with chopped roasted red peppers, spinach, and raisins. Add curry powder and stir with a fork to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt & pepper. Set aside.

2. Wash zucchini, cut off ends and slice on mandolin into lengthwise thin slices.

3. Assemble pinwheels by spreading each zucchini ribbon with a heaping teasp. of the cheese mixture. Starting with the narrow end of zucchini, roll up. Place the rolls on a serving tray and chill until serving time.

Tip: after sitting in a container for a couple of hours to travel on the picnic there was quite a bit of liquid in the bottom of the container so it might be best not to make them too far in advance. This time I'm planning to make the filling the night before and then assemble an hour prior to my party.

They were awesome and got rave reviews from DH and our friends!!!

Comments (3)