Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Teresa's wild rice recipe? Please! For Christmas dinner.

Posted by Bellsmom (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 24, 12 at 12:25

I'm planning wild rice with goose for christmas dinner. Can someone send me Teresa's recipe or a link to her post? Whgille's photo looks so inviting!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Teresa's wild rice recipe? Please! For Christmas dinner.

Bellsmom

I think the wild rice will be fantastic with the goose.

Here is one of Teresa recipes that I followed:

Heat oven to 350 degrees. You will need a covered casserole or pot (a 2 quart size is good). I use a glass casserole. Place in casserole:
1 cup raw rice (rinse thoroughly first)
2.5 cups of boiling water or stock
Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Test rice for doneness. Cook another 15 minutes if you want more tender. Use excess water in wild rice soup.

Note: I cook the rice in water for 30 minutes and it was perfect like that. When serving I added fresh sauteed mushrooms to put on top. Everyone liked it. I love the smell of the freshly cooked wild rice.

Silvia

o

I prefer baking rice instead of cooking on the stove top.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. You will need a covered casserole or pot (a 2 quart size is good). I use a glass casserole. Place in casserole:
1 cup raw rice ( rinse thoroughly first)
2.5 cups of boiling water or stock
Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Test rice for doneness. Cook another 15 minutes if you want it more tender. Use excess water in wild rice soup.

To this you might want to add minced garlic, chopped leeks, carrots or celery. Sliced portobello mushrooms are also a great addition.

Most often I saute the vegetables in a little butter and add after the rice is cooked with some toasted almond slivers.

o

Yum. Thank you, Teresa and Silvia
I do have some mushrooms, almonds, and leeks. I'll sliver some, saute them, and add as garnish. Maybe, just for color (it is Christmas) a few thin slivers of red pepper.
And I love garlic. A little may go in while the rice bakes.

Thanks again.
Sandra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here