SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16331601

roasted vegetable magic..and more

User
11 years ago

I had a bunch of different root vegetables to use and got carried away :) I tossed the Rome apples, turnips. red bell peppers and butternut squash with EVOO and salt. Roasted at 425 till caramelized...took 30 for all but the squash which took 50 on convection roast. Divided in half and made 2 different soups. One more savory..had celery and coriander and thyme and served with grated aged cheddar. The other was a curry , use Alton Brown's recipe for curry powder and left out the celery and added a Roma tomato. Used water for the first...never use stock in a vegetable soup as it masks the flavors of the ingredients and used a combo of coconut milk and apple juice for the second.

The neat thing was getting so much from so little and taking it in 2 different directions. DH grated the beets and carrots and made a lovely orange vinaigrette to go on the slaw. It is even better the next day...served with toasted almonds, arugala and spinach as a bed and feta cheese. I made a slide show just for fun...here is a sneak peak ! c

turnips/red peppers/apples just out of the oven-

beet slaw :

Here is a link that might be useful: slideshow of roasted vegetables

Comments (10)