Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
flounder recipes?

Posted by barb_roselover_in (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 23, 13 at 11:35

Want to bake some flounder while the kids are home. Any good recipes ? Thanks in advance. Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: flounder recipes?

Make a white sauce with butter, flour and milk or cream and pour it over the flounder in a baking pan. Top with buttered bread crumbs and bake at 350..maybe 30 minutes till bubbly. It's pretty kid friendly.
Joann

o

Haven't made it in a lonnnnng time, but I used to like to saute lots of minced celery and carrot in some butter. Lay each piece of flounder on one side of a piece of parchment, top flounder with the sauteed veggies (divided evenly), then top each with a slice of lemon. Fold over the parchment and seal the edge so it forms a little pouch. Can't remember oven temp for certain, but I think I'd bake at 425 til parchment browned a bit, then test for doneness.

o

Yes, Fish en Papillote, parchment, is a nice way to prepare flounder. Minimal ingredients as it is so tender and mild.
We caught quite a few this past summer so have prepared a few different ways. Recently i toasted a handful of crushed pistachios and a bit of panko breadcrumbs mixed with a bit of ev olive oil and garlic...whole lemon slices and baked, (cooks fast), then a quick broil to toast.
Also have baked on my 'shipwreck' the final minutes...

Here is a link that might be useful: shipwreck pie

o

Last night I just dipped the flounder in flour, dipped in egg, and back into the flour. Lightly fried it in butter/oil for 3 min per side. Onto the plates it went, sprized with fresh lemon, and served. Really, really fresh flounder needs nothing else!!

This post was edited by beachlily on Tue, Dec 24, 13 at 14:55

o

Thanks for the tips. I ended up baking it in 375 oven, sprayed with evoo and covered with chopped peppers, both red and green and chopped onions, It certainly does not take very long. I liked the idea of the pistaschios and panko breadcrumbs with evoo and garlic. Will try that next time.. Very much appreciate. Barb

o

Not baked....but I just dust it in flour flavored with Old Bay and fry it in a pan in peanut oil...quick easy and tasty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here