Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
who has knowledge of good breadmakers, please

Posted by ilmbg (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 2, 11 at 11:33

I don't have my breadmaker anymore- although it is probably time anyway for an update- mine was about 16 years old- a West Bend.
I have an idea I am going to be told by the doc after some testing that I need to go gluten-free. I see only a few machines have settings for this- it is an important settings in todays world. Who has such a brand that has this setting? How do you like your machine- reality, please, ie, (not because your hubby gave it to you as a gift). If possible I would prefer a horizontal loaf.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: who has knowledge of good breadmakers, please

I would suggest a Zojirushi, and to go along with that check out the link below to King Arthur Flour below for a copy of the book, "Gluten Free Baking For The Bread Machine". You may want to get the book first and see if they suggest any particular machine. King Arthur also has Zojirushi Bread Machines available - and shipping is free just now with a $60 (or larger) purchase ;-). You can modify a Zo beyond the normal settings.

I have many books that have gluten-free recipes for the bread machine, so make sure you check what's available at your local library:

-Bread Machine Baking for Better Health - Maureen B. Keane and Daniella Chance

-Bread Machine for Dummies - Glenna Vance and Tom Lacalamita (I give this book to everyone who takes my bread machine classes - I love it!)

-The Gluten-Free Gourmet and More from the Gluten-Free Gourmet - Bette Hagman

-Grainlady

Here is a link that might be useful: King Arthur Flour

o
RE : who has knowledge of good breadmakers, please

I should have read a bit more after finding the link to King Arthur Flour because the book, "Gluten Free Baking For The Bread Machine" are all designed for and tested with a Zojirushi.

-Grainlady

o

I also would recommend a Zojirushi. I bought one at the thrift store and it is a work horse. And makes great bread every time. The company has also been great about customer support even though I didn't buy it new. They have answered my questions and sent me all kinds of information.
Clare

o

I'm another one that got a zoji at the thrift store. I've only made about 8 loaves so far, but they have all been really good. It is an absolute workhorse!

Alexa

o

My Daddy has 3 bread machines at this time..he loves to bake bread! He has one Zojirushi from King Arthur and two Panasonic that I purchased for him from Amazon.com. He loves these Panasonic machines and I think they preform better than any machine he has ever had. The bread comes out beautiful and the texture is great! Hope this helps ... when I was searching I read all the reviews on Amazon.

o

wow- I knew the Zojirushi were supposed to be great -better be at those prices- I think they are about $200/more. I know they and Cuisinart can do gluten.
lette- does Panasonic do gluten?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here