SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prairie_rose64

Three Christmases�Three Menus

prairie_rose
9 years ago

When I was a single mom, my kids got two Christmas a year, one with me and one with their dad. Now that they are grown, we have to juggle Christmas between four families. Usually I host Christmas on Christmas day one year, then a week early the next year.

This year, however, with DD now living in BC and both kids committing to new homes it is impossible for us to all get together for one day.

I went to BC last week and had Xmas with DD and SIL. DD did a homemade chicken and sage soup with crusty rolls and salad for present opening day dinner. It was fantastic. She has turned into quite a cook.

This Sunday DS and DIL will be traveling here for Christmas. Instead of turkey and all the trimmings, I will be doing ham, scalloped potatoes, broccoli with vinegarette, an apple salad, and for dessert, a selection of Christmas baking. DS is in charge of bringing the wine.

For Christmas day, DH and I will be by ourselves and have decided instead of turkey, we will do a roast duck with cherry glaze, garlic mashed potatoes, sweet corn and carrots medley that I froze from the garden, and for dessert, whatever is left from the Christmas baking.

Who else has to plan or partake in multiple Christmas dinners, and what do you cook.

Comment (1)