SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sameboat

No judging, please. Need help with Christmas menu...

sameboat
11 years ago

I am really not a good cook and I am hosting Christmas for my in-laws. I have a cooked spiral ham and I was planning on making a green bean casserole (yes, the one with the fried onions out of a can) and cheesy potato casserole (yes, the one where you mix creamed soup with sour cream and hash browns with Special K cereal on top). My concern is that this is not a very sophisticated menu, but I am allergic to eggs, can't have them in the house nor cook with them. This is all traditionally something I would make for Easter, easy and everyone seems to like it. But do you have any ideas for me to jazz it up a bit or add something to make it less predictable? Thank you for any fresh ideas...I don't think I could handle a turkey or anything that requires much time away from my guests (to make the gravy or sauce, etc.). When I try anything fancy that's when the smoke alarms all go off and I'm in a sweat to begin with. I figure these dishes can be prepared early in the day and I can just pop them in the oven and relax with my guests.

Comments (43)