SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thibeaultstable

What's For Dinner - #329

ann_t
11 years ago

Rob, If only you lived closer.

Annie, I hope you are going to share photos from Makayla's concert.

Just a few of the things we have eaten this week.

{{gwi:2091456}}

Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup with Croutons.

{{gwi:2091457}}

Grilled Chicken Breast with roasted potatoes and local Shiitake Mushrooms.

{{gwi:2091458}}
Veal Piccata with a side of pasta.

This post was edited by ann_t on Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 10:31

Comments (112)

• ayls101
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Wow, all foods are yummy!

• cookingrvc
    11 years ago

Last night we had some unexpected company for dinner but had more than enough to eat.

Made breaded pork cutlets that I cooked in a pan with a little olive oil and Orchietta pasta with kale, bacon, and sun-dried tomatoes

Here is a link that might be useful: Orchietta, Kale, Bacon, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes

• Related Discussions

KAW - Week of 3/29 to 4/5

Q

Comments (28)
    Feisy68-if they're hungry enough....much better chance they will eat and like. (Wisdom passed down from my father). Also, while they might not like it the first time, they may the second or third. My rule has always been that the kids need to try at least one bite of anything new. I'm so very pleased in how willing they are to try anything new I make. Good luck!
    ...See More

Question for today 3/29

Q

Comments (12)
    I tea-dyed a satin purse. I needed a small off-white/beige purse as a base for a long beaded fringe. The only purses in the right size/shape that I could find were white satin. I was matching colors for a tea gown I was wearing to an ARS function. This little purse was perfect, and it even had a full-length nylon fringe all the way around that would add swing and fullness to the seed bead and crystal strands I was using. I made a strong tea solution, let it cool to "warm" and dunked the purse in, fringe, strap, and all. I was afraid the purse would lose its shape, but it didn't. I left it in the tea for about 30 seconds, just long enough to be thoroughly soaked. I lifted it up carefully and set it in a bowl of clear warm water and slowly moved it around to "rinse" the tea out. After sitting about a minute, I repeated the process in a second bowl of clear water. I held it up until some of the water had dripped off, laid it flat on a towel with a washcloth to help hold the shape inside. Once it was dried it was the perfect color. After 10 years, I still love this purse.
    ...See More

Propane gas...what a shock at $3.29 plus tax!

Q

Comments (21)
    Hi Cynic, I got your email...and thank you so much for remembering me. For starters, I don't know what size tank I have...either 200 or 250 gal....and at the end of Feb was when I put in 100 gal....so it has been a little over 3 months now. I just checked the gauge, and it reads about 48%. I think I used the little propane heater maybe half a dozen times after the fill, and usually only for a couple of hours. I don't expect to be doing much heating with gas in the years to come...maybe just the little one, when I have been gone a good while, and turned the electric down low...or even off. It sure helps having a basement, and not have the concern of freezing pipes like I used to have in my mobile home b4 building. The house can be left without heat for days at a time, with some really cold temps outside, and the only damage I've ever had was some (stupid) house plants...which I didn't particularly care for anyway. Guess I will check the price now, and go ahead and have them fill it up...as it won't get any cheaper in the years to come. Thanks for thinking of me. Sue
    ...See More

Join me for lunch on Wed. 3/22 and 3/29!

Q

Comments (28)
    I am going to have to cancel as well - daughter is still sick, in fact, I think she may have added either a sinus infection or a bad reaction to one of the medicines to her list of issues, because she has a super bad headache and says the room won't stop spinning. So it looks like I'm going to be spending my afternoon at the pediatrician's office (again!). But definitely next time - anywhere in King of Prussia works for me -- has anyone been to the new mall extension part yet? We could make it a group mall tour! Thanks for organizing this and I hope we'll try again even though life got in the way for some of us this time.
    ...See More
  • compumom
    11 years ago

Academy Awards means lots of foods in front of the TV. DH took that to mean Cheese Fondue, a seldom made favorite. We had two other couples join the fun and they contributed additional dippers and other goodies. First the fondue made with the Le Creuset recipe. I've owned the book for a few years, this was not part of my recent LC splurge!

Next time I think that I'd toss the cheese with a tablespoon of flour prior to melting. I had another recipe that I used for years with much success using that technique. This recipe seemed to get clumpy and I had to whisk it to emulsify it.

As to the dippers-- we particularly loved the roasted fingerling potatoes, the sweet cherry toms and the pears. My friend contributed mushroom caps too, but they were too large to dip and lent themselves to being filled with olive tapenade from TJ's.
    Sorry for the lopsided image, I couldn't work around to rotate it on my work computer.

• diinohio
    11 years ago

Lots of good meals here, glad everyone is eating well!

I made lasagna this week using no boil pasta sheets. It was the first time I've used them. Made for a fast meal but I thought they were a bit mushy, maybe I baked it too long.

Last night I made black beans and yellow rice. Pure comfort food this week!

Di

• diinohio
    11 years ago

Well since I can't seem to post two photos at once....here's last nights rice and beans.

Di

• mustangs81
    11 years ago

While I don't share on the WFD thread, I am a regular visual consumer because I so enjoy seeing and reading what the real cooks are serving.

I want to thank all of you for generosity in sharing your ideas and talents.

Cathy

• Jasdip
    11 years ago

We love boneless skinless breasts baked with my breading coating (melted butter, dijon, garlic and worcestershire, then coated with bread crumbs). Alongside I roasted carrots and reheated scalloped potatoes. Scalloped potatoes just get better, the more they are re-heated!

• mustangs81
    11 years ago

JASDIP, your post reminded me of a dish that turned out very well, thanks. My DGS is very picky, he will eat chicken and fried onions so I put the two together and he loved it. I have to admit it was pretty good, I need to make it again.

Here is a link that might be useful: Onion Chicken

• pattypeterson2208
    11 years ago

I was feeling ambitious the night before I had my cast put on and decided on German food. I used boneless pork chops to make Jagerschnitzel posted by Clarion, Spaetzle from AnnT and Betty Crocker's hot German Potato salad. It was so yummy if put parsley in again must mince instead of chop, the bigger pieces pluged up the holes. Patty

• whgille
    11 years ago

All the dinners look so yummy!

My dinner tonight was light since we went out and had a big lunch....

Kale, potato and chicken stew

Alsatian pear tart with almonds and currants

Silvia

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    11 years ago

"All the dinners look so yummy!"

I totally agree, not only they look so yummy, they also look beautiful!

Low (150F) and slow (10 hours) smoked some pork chops.

dcarch

• compumom
    11 years ago

Jasdip -- I used to make the same chicken dish, it was always a winner! Next time try adding finely grated Parmesan cheese to the breadcrumbs. I assume that you dip chix breasts in the butter/dijon/worcestershire/garlic mixture and then roll them in freshly made bread crumbs? I clipped that out of a newspaper more than 20 years ago and it was my crowd pleasing go-to recipe . It's been a long while, I ought to try it out on my grands and see if it's a winner with them too!

• Jasdip
    11 years ago

I use homemade breadcrumbs, dried, Compumon. You're right about the dipping and rolling. Parmesan cheese would be good!

I made 2 loaves of the Honey Whole-Wheat today

• Jasdip
    11 years ago

Tonight was brown rice rice with onions and carrots baked in the oven in chicken broth. Pork chops, and boiled cabbage as well. We love cabbage!

• pattypeterson2208
    11 years ago

Was very bored this afternoon decided on Chinese food for dinner. I made hot and sour soup, pork fried rice and veggie egg rolls made with what ever was in the fridge. Of course must have hot mustard and plum sauce. I glad I started early this cast on my leg really slows me down. Patty

• artsyshell
    11 years ago

Every one's meals looks so good!

Haven't made pork chops in quite awhile. Thanks jasdip for the inspiration! Your bread looks amazing too! Husband just commented today on how I haven't made bread in awhile.

Pattypeterson2208, your chinese food looks wonderful, and like it came from an authentic restaurant!

Dinner tonight was a sirloin roast, cooked rare/medium rare (was thinner at one end), roasted potatoes, wild mushroom gravy, salad full of veggies, and a sauteed asparagus/cherry tomatoes/onions and goat cheese dish.
    Picked up some pretzel buns from Costco in the States, to go with.(They were REALLY good)!

Was planning on leftovers tomorrow, but dinner was such a huge success, there was nothing leftover but a very small ammount of roast beef and a few tablespoons of gravy.

Dang! Means I have to come up with another meal for tomorrow, which wasn't in my plans :)

• ruthanna_gw
    11 years ago

It looks like lots of good dinners going on.

Due to some unexpected events, I haven't been doing as much cooking as usual. I did take pix of a few meals.

Roasted turkey breast and potato with chicken heart gravy and carrot ribbons.

Crab cake dinner. The stuffed baked potato was from the farmers' market.

Portobello ravioli, sauteed spinach & watercress, veal cacciatore.

Pierogi-making at church this week so I have a big container of Irish beef, cabbage and barley stew and one of ham and collard greens soup ready for action.

• ann_t
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nice to see more people posting to the WFD thread.

Some good looking meals.
    Silvia, I like the idea of your kale, Potato and Chicken Stew.

And DC's smoked pork chop and cauliflower.

Jasdip, beautiful loaves.

Patty, I'd love your dinner.

Shelley, Sirloin roast is a favourite here. I tried to cook one that is just big enough for dinner with enough left for beef dip sandwiches. Doesn't always work out that way here either.

Ruthanna, wondered where you have been. Miss all your wonderful meals. I would like everyone of your dinners. Would have to skip the carrots though.

Matt was here on the weekend. He stayed with his dad while I was at work. If he hadn't been here I wouldn't have cooked much. Moe's appetite has been off because of the surgery. Starting to come back though.

WE had Mexican a couple of times,

Pork Chile Verde with homemade flour tortillas

Leftovers used for a Layered Dip. Fried leftover flour tortillas chips.

Spicy Noodle Soup

Creamy Lemon Oat Bars

Lettuce Cups

Chicken Souvlaki

• shirl36
    11 years ago

This is not for dinner tonight.....Getting on to spring and Easter it is a bit out of season....but...it is such a gloomey Sunday afternoon I am killing time going over last years pictures. Found this one and thought WFD needed alittle nudge right now....I need practice posting pictures here anyway. I get so intimadated when I try....I usually just forget it. You all are so good!! I enjoy everyone of your
    posts. Thanks for all your sharing.

This is one of our family Christmas traditions that must be on the menu. Angel food cake iced with a microwaved 7 minute frosting. I make the holly and berries from red and green Brachs gumdrops. Shirl

• triciae
    11 years ago

Shirl,

Wow, your Christmas cake is beautiful. With the tree in the background - perfect picture! We missed the holiday season this year and already anxious for the '13 season.

We're having whole wheat 'ghetti & meatballs here tonight. The meatballs have been browned and are simmering in the sauce. Everything is quiet until time to put on the pasta. Still a bit over an hour 'til dinner time here.

/tricia

• ann_t
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Shirl, Your cake is a work of art. Very beautiful. I'm sure it tasted as good as it looks.

~Ann

• annie1992
    11 years ago

Beautiful cake, Shirl, what a nice tradition.

Ann T, I'm glad Matt could stay with his Dad and even more glad to hear that Moe is getting his appetite back.

I had Madison today for several hours and so we made a pot roast with mashed potatoes. She loves mashed potatoes, Elery said she's like Grandma. I love potatoes in all forms, so she's coming right along, LOL.

I've actually made a couple of meals but I don't have the pictures loaded on the computer yet, I have to catch up.

Annie

• ann_t
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Annie. He is feeling better. Will have his second physio appointment tomorrow.

I stopped on the way to work and picked up some local Vancouver Island hormone and antibotic free ground beef . We had grilled burgers on homemade Kaiser buns and oven fries for dinner.

• coconut_nj
    11 years ago

Love this thread. Such beautiful food and it does give me cravings and often influences what we cook. Right now Ruthanna's crab cakes reminded me that I have a can of lump crab in the fridge.

Ruthanna, love your food and what a great sampling of all your dishes that I love. You know your red is special to me, but I don't think I've mentioned that I used to collect commercial dishes too and love the ones you have that I've seen.

Ann, your food is always beautiful and the latest dishes don't disappoint. Speaking of inspiration/influence, your Mexican dishes make me want to make tortilla's. My poor tortilla press. Last time it was used I was smashing clay for some craft project. Smiles. Good thing I use acetate/saran. That Kaiser roll. I showed Christy..she drooled. Burgers are one of her favorites so...

Shirl, I love that cake. And I love pressed glass. That cake plate is so pretty. I really would like your recipe for the microwave 7 minute frosting.

Christy got me a light for our Anniversay so my pics won't be so yellow, or dark. Smiles. So I'm subjecting you all to yet another pic of pasta from me. I made a nice big batch of my Northern Italian brothy sauce. Every time I make this sauce I remember how much I love it. It has potatoes in it and they soak up the sauce and are so good. I got the recipe from an old PBS show from Italy. An older English or French[?] woman chef had guest chefs on frequently. The show was shot from her Villa in Northern Italy. Does anyone know who this was? One one show this young woman chef made this recipe. She used that end of the Parm in the sauce and the potatoes and my favorite, lots of basil.

My Method for her dish: Very hot cast iron dutch oven. Cover bottom of pot with ground pork and beef. Let sit until meats are quite brown on the bottom. You can smell it. Flip over biggest pieces of the meat you can and allow it to brown. Then break up meat. I leave some fairly large because I like some medium hunks. Add sliced garlic [I've been hoarding Tricia's garlic and this was about the last], diced canned tomatoes with juice [I used my last jar of home canned red and yellows and commercial diced], beef broth, and the stems from basil. If you have a rind of parm add it now. Allow to simmer for about 45 minutes, then add diced potatoes. If you don't have a piece of rind add some grated cheese now so the flavor will get into the sauce. I use Romano often. Cook for about ten minutes, then add whatever soft veggies you want. This time I added yellow squash and mushrooms. I often use eggplant, string beans, etc. Check for salt and add what's needed. When veggies are about done add lots of fresh or frozen basil. Done.

This post was edited by coconut-nj on Mon, Mar 11, 13 at 0:57

• Teresa_MN
    11 years ago

Coconut - the first person that comes to mind would be Lidia Bastianich (sp) although I am not sure how many years she has been around. Here is a link to photos of all the PBS chefs. I'd be interested in knowing who is was.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of Chefs Featured on PBS

• ruthanna_gw
    11 years ago

Ann, Mexican is probably my least favorite cuisine but I'm sure the meals in your photos could bend my preferences in a positive direction.

Patty, hope you are healing up OK. Your German dinner inspired me to take a drive through the countryside to a German restaurant this weekend.

Shirl, your cake is lovely. I would also like to try your microwave frosting.

Coconut, I can imagine how great your house smelled while your meal was cooking. It looks delicious. DH and I went to a fabulous restaurant auction in December. They had carton upon carton of dishes, glassware and equipment but after 10 hours, all I came home with was a massive St. Patrick's Day Guiness sign, a carton of sake cups and pitchers and a stained glass lamp.

I tried a recipe for a new beef stew containing beef, cabbage, rutabagas, barley, etc. and split peas for thickening. We had crunchy rye bread with it.

• coconut_nj
    11 years ago

Thanks for trying to find her for me Teresa. She's not on the list. This was probably 20 yrs. ago or more. She wasn't Italian. She was English or perhaps French, but I think English, living in Italy. I think she had a cooking school there. She had white hair. A rather dark kitchen, but you could see the lovely hills out of the windows behind her. I've tried all kinds of Google searches but no luck so far. Thanks again for trying.

• Teresa_MN
    11 years ago

Coconut - now I am thinking it was the Great Chefs series that PBS developed. Each show highlighted a chef - so none of them are everyday names like Nigella, etc.

I loved watching those shows on PBS. Now I am going to be crazy till I figure out who this woman was! :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: The Great Chefs series

• cookingrvc
    11 years ago

Coconut-nj:

You might be thinking of Madeleine Kumman who had a show on PBS years ago.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Madeleine

• chase_gw
    11 years ago

Hey you!!!!

How is it going? So lovely to see you posting.....

Sharon

• coconut_nj
    11 years ago

Hmm.. I don't think so Teresa. This was her weekly show, in Italy. I think the Chefs of the World section had many chefs during that season...hmm... I'll check some more.

Cookingrvc, I was trying to remember Madeline's name because I thought someone might think it was her. Nope. I did enjoy her shows quite a bit though.

I'm afraid that now I'm spreading my obsession to find this chef. Smiles. Maybe it was part of the Chefs of the World on the Great Chefs series.

• cookingrvc
    11 years ago

Hey Sharon! I'm doing well. The road has been rough at times but I cook almost every day, though I haven't posted pictures. I have some, let me see if I can focus enough to post them. Hope all is well with you and Clive. Thanks for the shout out!

Sue

• Solsthumper
    11 years ago

I almost always walk away from this thread with Marty Feldman's eyes. And with good reason. Everything looks delicious.

Howdy Sue (cookingrvc), it's good to see you!

Sol

• cookingrvc
    11 years ago

Some recent cooking:

Escarole, bean, and Bacon soup

Cobb Salad

Beginnings of chicken stock

Final Chicken Stock

Momma looking for chicken scraps

• shirl36
    11 years ago

Recipe for Microwave Frosting I use for my Christmas angel food cake. I originally called it a Microwave 7 minute frosting, when I looked at recipe it is 5 minute. Years ago my Mother made a 7 minute frosting using a double broiler and beat by hand forever it seemed like. I have excellant results with this recipe.......thanks for the interest in the recipe....Shirl

Microwave 5 Minute Snowy White Frosting
    (not Microwave 7 Minute frosting as I first stated)\

1 cup sugar
    ½ cup water
    ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
    Dash of salt
    2 egg whites
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine sugar, water, cream of tartar and salt in 2 cup (I use a 4 cup)
    glass measure cup. Microwave for 5 minutes on High or till mixture boils (about 200 degrees)

Beat egg whites in mixer bowl till soft peaks form as the syrup mix cooks.
    (I find it takes a good 5 minutes for eggs to get to soft peak stage).
    Gradually pour the hot syrup into the beaten egg whites and beat for 5 minutes more or till thick and fluffy. Blend in vanilla.

Frosts a 13x9”, 2-9” layers or 1 angel food.

Recipe from my 1978 Litton (500 series) Microwave cookbook

• ruthanna_gw
    11 years ago

Thanks, Shirl. I'll give it a try.

Coconut, the first Italian cooking show I remember was Romagnoli's Table in the 1970's, with Margarent and Frank Romagnoli. It wasn't filmed in Italy though.

Good to see you, Sue. Your chicken stock looks good enough to drink straight from the containers.

• ann_t
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sue it is so nice that you are cooking and posting here again. Missed you my friend.

I agree with Ruthanna, your stock does look good enough to drink. Really rich looking.

~Ann

• ann_t
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Shirl, thank you for sharing your microwave frosting recipe. I've saved it.

~Ann

• noss
    10 years ago

Hello All,

I've not seen this forum before. Everything looks so delicious and I have a question: Do you also post receipes for these dishes?

Seeing the cat brought to mind my cooking--Too many cat-astrophes! :(

Thanks, noss

• annie1992
    10 years ago

noss, welcome to the forum. We post recipes on other threads, or when people ask for them. Many have been posted before but we're always happy to post them for you again.

There is a newer What's For Dinner thread going, we usually voluntarily limit the posts to 100 because of all the pictures, it takes so long to load. So, just feel free to look around and if you find anything you like and you don't get a recipe by searching (the search function is abysmal) just ask, someone will get it for you!

Annie

• dcarch7 d c f l a s h 7 @ y a h o o . c o m
    10 years ago

"---Seeing the cat brought to mind my cooking--Too many cat-astrophes! :( Thanks, noss"

Welcome noss. This is a great forum. You eat everyday and cook a few times a day everyday. Nice to exchange ideas.

Sounds like you are a cat lover. Tell us about your cat-as-trophies stories.

dcarch

• noss
    10 years ago

Hi Annie,

I take it you're telling me that this forum is full and to go to the other one? I Just stopped by here because when I was looking at another forum and saw the shrimp dish that was to the side, I HAD to look in to see what it was. Looks so good! I didn't know it was full.

Hi dcarch,

I love all animals. I like cats, but am very allergic to them. Even so, I raised two tiny kittens after Hurricane Rita went through here. They were from two differenct mothers. One, Stormie, had just opened her eyes and the other, Windie, still had her eyes closed. The two mothers kept their other kittens, but refused these two. Having raised and shown Yorkshire Terriers for over 20 years, I knew if these kittens could survive, they would and since Yorkies are tiny dogs with teensy puppies, I had all the nursing bottles and supplies right here. Plus, I worked for a veterinarian and that was handy in case anything went wrong, which it did with Windie. The kittens' fur didn't bother me until they were older and I had a lot of fun snuggling and petting them. They liked to crawl under my hair and sleep, purring away. So precious. Windie was a brown tortie tabby color and Stormie, a beautiful blue and pale taupe tortie tabby. Her stripes were dark blue and orange with blue and pale orange patches, on a background of light blue and, where a normal brown tabby would be white, Stormie was a very light taupe. She had two-tone green eyes. Just gorgeous and I wish I'd taken more photos of her, but she had better things to do than sit still long enough for that. Both kittens thought I was their mother and so did I. I was their mother. Windie got a forever home very young and Stormie got a home, but was brought back when she put a large scratch on the people's new leather couch. Cat + leather couch=DUH! The man told me he was going to put her outside and they lived in a busy street, so I told him to bring her back. She stayed long enough to get old enough to spay, then, after the was 18 months old, I placed her in a great home.

I could do anything with her and, though she hated having her nails trimmed, she never tried to bite, or claw me because I was her mother. She would lie in my arms and put her two front paws on my face with her claws sheathed and look deeply into my eyes and I, hers. I will always miss her.

You don't want to hear my cooking mishaps-I'm just a klutz and if I try to talk and cook at the same time, it just doesn't work. :D

Happy Hew Year to you all.

Bye, noss

• Jasdip
    10 years ago

Hi Noss,
    Oh, Annie didn't mean that THIS forum is full, not at all!!! There is Always room for new members. And you don't have to be a bona-fide chef at all to be a member here. We'd love to hear of some of your klutzy mishaps....we've all had them, or still have them! :)

I know what you mean about getting here from clicking on the shrimp dish. The pics on the side don't take you to the current topic, thread etc. Last week there was an awesome pic of brussels sprouts but there was no pic or recipe for that dish when I clicked on it.

Anyway, the part of the forum that is "full" is the What's for Dinner postings. They are limited to 100 postings because of all the pictures, then a new one gets started.

You can see a whack of them by using the Search button.

Regardless if you want to hang out and join in the conversations, you are more than welcome!!!

Oh I have 3 cats who are all spoiled rotten.....we were even laboring over the size of a box to bring home from the grocery store, to make sure that they could enjoy it!

I'm glad you had some, even through your allergies.

• noss
    10 years ago

OK, I'll bite--What IS this forum if this is only a thread? LOL! I thought it was a forum. I'm sorry to be dense, but I saw this thread to the side of another that I had gotten in my email and clicked on it. I'm totally lost.

My SNAFUs are boring things like messing up what I'm cooking by talking to someone while I work. I think I have Some form of ADD, no kidding.

Once, I was baking our two pumpkin pies for Christmas and the one was done. My father-in-law called when I was just putting the second one in and I forgot to turn down the temp after 15 minutes and remembered when the pie was almost done and the top was very dark, but not burned quite yet, so I took it out The crust was inedible, but I didn't care about that because I don't eat the crust, anyway. I was surprised that the pie was very good, though kind of dry. Dad thought it was funny and wrote me a poem about the overdone pie. He would write poems to tease family and friends.

So, most of my SNAFUs are not amusing, IMO, and most turned out to be saves, but they are frustrating.

I once made crawfish cornbread and forgot to put the oil into the batter. Never mind the bottle of oil was sitting right there in front of me--It was too late to do anything about it, so I let it cook. The cornbread turned out just fine! It was a little more dry and a little more crispy on top, but it was edible and good. I guess there was enough oil from when I cooked down the veggies to save the dish and crawfish is kind of fatty in itself. I wouldn't want to make it that way again, but I'm still surprised that it was enjoyable.

It's the anxiety that is the catastrophe, for me. I was just making a dumb joke about it.

Watching the Food Network shows has made cooking enjoyable for me because I had lost some sense of smell and taste from allergies and I lost the joy of cooking the dishes I did well. I got real inventive in getting out of cooking.....

The Food Network showed me I could put a lot of flavor into food that even I could taste and enjoy, plus Cajun food already has a lot of flavor to it. It's not just about the heat. Heat without flavor is just heat.

noss

• denise8101214
    10 years ago

Here is the whole forum noss, welcome!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cooking Forum

This post was edited by denise8101214 on Mon, Jan 6, 14 at 13:41

• annie1992
    10 years ago

Oh, no, noss, this forum is never too full to have another member, we're always happy to have new people.

If you click the link that Denise gave you, it'll take you to the entire Cooking Forum, and you'll see many topics or threads. Click one of those and you'll find all the posts made about that thread or topic.

If you have a specific question or topic, go to the very top of the page and click "post a message". That'll start a whole new thread and people can post replies, give you recipes, ask questions, whatever.

I'm glad to have you, another person who eats the filling of a pumpkin pie but doesn't care for the crust!

Annie

• noss
    10 years ago

Hi Annie,

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the clarifications. I'm real glad to k now there is a Cooking forum! :D

I am tickled to know you like to just eat the filling of the pumpkin pie.

I've tried just making pumpkin custard, skipping the crust, but it doesn't taste the same. There's something about the custard cooking in the crust that seems to make it better. It was still good, though. Yum!

I need cataracts removed and I've been having a real hard time reading the print on the computer because it's small and often too light, so I miss a lot of things and appreciate the help and patience y'all have given me.

Hopefully, things will improve some after the clouds are gone. I didn't realize how bad my eyesight had gotten until I started missing so many things in print and needed to start using a flashlight to see into the base cabinets in the kitchen.

Thanks,

noss

• noss
    10 years ago

Hi Denise, Thanks for the link and I didn't see it before I replied to Annie. Thanks for your help.

Happy cooking, :D

noss

• Jasdip
    10 years ago

Hi Noss,

Right beside where you Post a Message, it says "Return to the Cooking Forum"
    That will take you to forum in general, and to all the other forums that GW has to offer if you click Forums above that and the drop down menu

• asmali
    10 years ago

I'd say wonderful dinner choice. But unfortunately i can't cook these days otherwise i must give them a try, besides it i am saving some good recipes for the future when i am at home.

Here is a link that might be useful: Icook24.com