SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gursg24

Mauviel M'Cook or All-Clad D5

gursg24
9 years ago

Cross post from the cookware forum. Sorry for the extra post, but this forum seems busier so I thought I might have more responses here.

We are looking to upgrade our cookware from a mix of various cookware including torn up non-stick and non-clad SS Faberware. We found good deals on both Mauviel and All-Clad for roughly equivalent medium sets for basically the same price. In comparing them (without using) they look fairly equivalent in build quality and weight. I would say the look of the All-Clad is more industrial while the Mauviel has a more classic, romantic look. However, we aren't buying them to look at but to cook. Does anyone have direct experience with both that could offer a comparison? I have only found a few reviews of the Mauviel that seem somewhat mixed, but not a lot about the actually cooking. Lots and lots of reviews of the All-Clad, but I taking them somewhat with a grain of salt as I think All-Clad is somewhat like Bose is to stereos (what the un-initiated think of as the best). That is not to say All-Clad is not good, but I would love to hear from the experts! Especially anyone with Mauviel M'Cook experience. We need to return one set and will keep the other. Thanks for the help.

Comments (10)