SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

What holiday foods are "essential" for you?

lpinkmountain
9 years ago

This is going to be a spartan holiday for me, since I will be on the road a lot so won't have much time to bake or cook. There are a number of holiday things I like to make so I'm trying to decide what will be the one or two things I can manage to do. What are your Christmas "must haves?" I don't really have one myself, but my mom has stollen on her list. I don't think I can swing it this year since I am going to have to be packing up my house for sale right when it will be Christmas. I might leave mom with the Welsh fruitcake bara brith before I depart, she likes that. (I'm coming back, but after the holidays). I also have a no-yeast stollen recipe that maybe I should try, it is similar to bara brith, just not dark. I love Christmas cookie cutouts myself. It's also a great time to cook with cranberries. I think those would be my top three favorites--some kind of fruit bread or fruit cake, (but I'm not so much of a fan of dried candied peel with the food coloring, a little bit goes a long way with me), shaped cookies and cranberry anything. How about you?

Comments (22)