SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

Chocolate-Bacon-Peanut Bark

caliloo
14 years ago

Yep - I coundn't make this up. DS#1 found this and is begging me to make it so I guess we will give it a shot.

Alexa

Chocolate-Bacon-Peanut Bark

If you want to test the waters of bacon desserts, this recipe is for you. It's simple and illustrates the appeal of pairing salty, crunchy bacon with smooth, rich chocolate and earthy peanuts.

Makes 10 to 12 servings, depending on the size of the pieces

8 strips bacon

16 ounces semisweet chocolate (chunks or chips are fine)

1 cup unsalted peanuts

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon, turning several times, until browned and done, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Chop finely.

Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.

Add chocolate to a double boiler. If you don't have one, fill a pan with a couple of inches of water. Place a glass bowl over the pan, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water underneath. Once the water begins to boil, add the chocolate chips. Using a spatula, stir continuously, until smooth and creamy.

Stir in the bacon and peanuts. Pour onto the prepared baking sheet and spread to 3/8-inch thickness. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour. The bark should be hard and chilled.

Place bark on a cutting board and cut into pieces  any size or shape you'd like. Serve at about room temperature.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bacon desserts

Comments (23)