Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best stuffed jalapenos and ideas for mini-apps?

Posted by party_music50 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 15, 13 at 7:22

Hi. I've had traditional cheese-stuffed jalapenos that are coated in breadcrumbs and deep-fried for dipping in marina sauce, but I've never had any jalapenos that are stuffed and baked! Does anyone have a really good version of baked stuffed jalapenos that would be perfect as finger-food for a party?

I'm also searching the net for a really good savory mini-app that is naturally gluten-free and can be made in mini-muffin pans.... but I'm looking for one that's not mostly egg-based. Any ideas? actually, even non-GF ideas are welcome because I may find that they look easy enough to convert to GF without losing too much in texture and taste.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best stuffed jalapenos and ideas for mini-apps?

I've made the Pioneer Woman's Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies and they are good, but a bit of work.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jalapeno Thingies

o

This is a recipe I make often. It is good served at room temp if they last that long. I double the recipe, and omit the salsa.
This was originally posted by Trudymon - 6-7 years ago
If you Google Crescent Poppers, you get alot of variations.

Crescent Poppers
4 ea jalapeno chiles (about 3 inches long)
1/3 cup boursin spreadable cheese with garlic and
herbs (from 5.2
ounce container)
8 slices packaged pre-cooked shortcut bacon (from
2.2 ounce package,
halved)
1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
1/2 cup pineapple salsa (optional) or fruit salsa
(optional)

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Carefully remove stems from chiles; cut each in
half lengthwise
and again horizontally to make 4 pieces.
3. Remove and discard seeds.
4. Spoon about 1 teaspoon cheese into each chile
quarter.
5. Wrap half slice of bacon around each.
6. On cutting board, unroll dough; separate dough
into 8 triangles.
7. From center of longest side to opposite point,
cut each triangle
in half, making 16 triangles.
8. Place chile, cheese side down, on dough triangle.
9. Fold 1 point of triangle over filling; fold 2
remaining points
over first point.
10. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
11. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
13. Serve with salsa, if desired.

o

My DIl made the most delicious savory appy for us at Thanksgiving.

Sorry, no real recipe but they are easy enough to do.

Line mini muffin tins sprayed with Pam with thinly sliced prosciutto and bake until crisp .

Once cool fill the prosciutto "cups" with a mixture of finely chopped pear and bleu cheese.

Another filling I used was a bit of applesauce with finely chopped apples and grated sharp cheddar.

The combo of the salty, sweet, tart and the soft and crunchy textures is oh so good.

o

I tried t post this earlier, but the gremlins were about and my post would not go through. Anyway there are lots of great suggestions (many GF) on this link!

Alexa

Here is a link that might be useful: 101 Simple Appetizers in 20 Minutes or Less

o

Teresa, the bacon wrapped jalapeno thingies will be perfect! so simple! I'll definitely make them.

Magothyrivergirl, unfortunately the crescent poppers would be impossible to convert to gluten-free without totally losing the texture. :p

Chase, the prosciutto cups with pear & bleu cheese sound fantastic! Definitely on my list to make!

Alexa, I had posting problems earlier too. Thanks for the link -- I'm off to study the list!

Thanks everyone!

o

They are really, really good party...but I forgot to mention the chopped pears should be doused with lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.

o

How about stuffed mushroom caps? The recipe I use is vegetarian and gluten-free. see this thread: Stuffed Mushrooms

o

chase, thanks! I'm sure I would have wanted to do that instinctively so it's good to have it confirmed. :)

bob_cville, I did think of stuffed mushrooms tonight but don't have a recipe that I've really liked and have never seen one without breadcrumbs. Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here