Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
can I freeze a spinach gratin or broccoli dish?

Posted by liz_h (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 3:48

Hi again! My Thanksgiving kale worked almost fine, so I'm back for help on Christmas dinner. I'll be out of town a few days before Christmas, so would like to have a vegetable dish to pull out of the freezer & bake or reheat on that day. A spinach gratin sounds good. (Could thaw a day ahead of time.) There will be ham, and I'm not sure what else. If a potato gratin would work better, I could probably do that instead - another guest usually brings potatoes, will call my hostess tomorrow to check.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can I freeze a spinach gratin or broccoli dish?

I think the spinach dish will be fine if frozen - the potato dish not so much. If it were pureed potatoes, it would be a different story, but potato gratin is not quite the same after having been frozen.

If you make a broccoli dish, freeze it before you cook it or only partially cook it.

Lars

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here