SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
noodlesportland

Need help arranging food for a memorial this Saturday

noodlesportland
10 years ago

GF just called and handed me the job of providing food for the reception after her H's service this Saturday. There will be about 200 people but only 120 will probably come to the reception hall. It is to be paper plates and informal and not dinner though around 4:30 -5:00 as the service will start at 3. Hall provides water and coffee. No alcohol expected as most will be his buds from AA.
H and I are providing the food. GF is OK with anything I decide. I entertain pretty formally but understand that this is a Costco and paper plate event.
I will call the place I usually use for catering and am thinking that a few platters of something special from them.
Otherwise, most will come from Costco. I am thinking of cheeses and pin wheel sandwiches and pita chips and hummus.
I am lost on quantity. I have never entertained more than 60.
Just hope some can give me some ideas and guidance.
I have had two friends die in 7 days so this just does not seem as stressful as it might. I trust it will all work out.
First thing I am going to do is hit the dollar store for plastic bowls and such. Thinking that bowls of cashews and pistachios would work.
Thanks so very much.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville