Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peanut Clusters recipe/info?

Posted by lizbeth-gardener (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 13, 13 at 0:05

Does anyone have a T&T recipe for peanut clusters. Lots of recipes online, but they all are a bit different and am not sure what kind of peanuts to buy. The one recipe I was looking at said roasted salted peanuts, but the only thing I could find at the store was spanish red skin peanuts or dry roasted and didn't think either was right. Then some have just milk or dark chocolate and some add white. They look really simple, but would love a good recipe and info on the peanuts and preferred chocolate brands.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peanut Clusters recipe/info?

Just found the perfect recipe, for us, a couple years ago. Really easy, chocolate and salted (not roasted) peanuts. Will post in the morning when I'm on the computer. Hubby loves those things!

o

Ingrdients:
1 c raisins
1 c chopped walnuts
Try Diamond of California Nuts
1 bag(s) semi sweet chocolate chips
3 Tbsp shaved canning wax like para fan ( not needed)
cookie sheet,and wax paper

Chocolate Raisin walnut clusters
1 Pour chocolate chips in to microwavable bowl with wax. Heat on high stopping every 30 seconds to stir. When it is all melted nicely. Add your nuts and raisins,and stir well.
Chocolate Raisin walnut clusters direction step 2
2 Take a table spoon and drop spoon fulls of mixture on to wax paper lined,or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Chocolate Raisin walnut clusters direction step 3
3 refrigerate until solid. I keep mine in the fridge in a plastic container. eat and enjoy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wedding Caterers London

o

Here is the peanut cluster recipe I have used for years:

l pound semi-sweet chocolate (I get chocolate blocks from Whole Foods)
instant coffee (I use half of a Starbucks VIA instant coffee)
4 cups dry roasted unsalted peanuts
1/2 teaspoon salt

Melt chocolate. Add coffee and salt. Add peanuts. Mix and drop on wax paper by spoonfuls.

Refrigerate until set (a couple of hours). May freeze

o

Yesterday I finished up a small bag of chocolate peanut candy dropped off at the office earlier in the week by one of our frequent visitors. He said he made them in the crock pot and the candy tasted of only milk chocolate and small Spanish red skin peanuts. He put his in a glass baking dish to firm up and then cut in small bite-sized pieces. His candy was soooooo good! Addictive even! I shared the bag with my co-worker, but must confess I ate more than my share.

If I see him soon, I'll ask about his recipe. I don't make candy, but would like to make this recipe and give it all away....so I wouldn't be tempted.

Teresa

o

Recipe I use now, verbatim:

JUST GET CHOCOLATE BARK IN THE BAKING SECTION AT THE STORE, MELT IT IN A DOUBLE BROILER, WHEN ITS ALL MELTED JUST DUMP IN A BIG CAN OF REGULAR COCKTAIL PEANUTS AND STIR, YOU CAN PUT ANYTHING IN IT LIKE RAISINS ANY NUT, ETC. THEN DROP BY TEASPOON ON FOIL AND LET COOL AND HARDEN. YOU'RE DONE. SO EASY.

16 oz peanuts to 12 oz bark

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here