SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thibeaultstable

Golden Fruitcake

ann_t
11 years ago

I've never been a fan of fruitcake. But this cake has me changing my mind. Although the recipe is from King Arthur Flour, I found it on one of my favourite blogs - Wives with Knives.

The original recipe uses a combination of fruits, heavy on raisins and other dried fruit and peel.

I don't do raisins so I used a combination of dried cranberries, apricots and walnuts.

I ended up with three small loaves and two large. The loaves were brushed with rum, and when cool, I brushed them again and then wrapped them in rum soaked cheesecloth before wrapping in plastic and foil and refrigerating. Over the next three weeks the loaves will be brushed with more rum.

I kept one of the small loaves out for Moe. Brushed again with Rum and wrapped in plastic, it was left sitting on the counter overnight. The flavour of the cake, even in that short of time has already mellowed out. Moe has given this cake five stars. I think I might make another batch, all small loaves, same fruit and nut combination and brush with an orange brandy instead of rum.

Here is a link that might be useful: Golden Fruitcake Recipe

Comments (19)