SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
noodlesportland

Winter fruit salad

noodlesportland
9 years ago

We have Thanksgiving with another lovely family (but NOT cooks or even normal eaters) on Thanksgiving.

What I need to fill out my part of the menu would seem to be a green veggie. I have learned that it will go uneaten by this family (not mine!). So I have decided on a fruit salad.

Appetizer:
I am serving a buffolato'cherry tomato with balsamic with crostoni. Basically a salad plus a sausage/green apple/basil skewer. And maybe marinated mushrooms.

I refuse to server heavy cheeses and such as often the actual meal goes uneaten.

Guest is bring the Turkey/gravy and her traditonal prune stuffing (no on eats any but her and that is fine) and stuffing.

They bring their traditional blueberry pie (her H and this is a premade crust with a can of blueberry pie mix with canned whipped cream) ( no one but he eats it).

They do not like pumpkin pie and so I provide but as I hate baking I will simply provide one.

This is a really fun day for both families but silly in what people will and will not eat. I was veggie for 35 yrs and still do not like/nor can tolerate poultry.

SO! hope that gave a good background as to why I need a simple main dish fruit salad without greens--though of a waldorf or ambrosia but seriously need fast and simple. Our GOOD DAY ends up about the fun games and hanging but , with this group, NOT aobut the food.

Thanks!!!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES