SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Crescia la Formaggio-Cheese Bread

annie1992
11 years ago

As you know, I bake all the bread we eat and I like to try new recipes. I found one on King Arthur Flour's website that used parmesan cheese, which I had. They called it an Easter bread, Crescia la Formaggio. It has 4 eggs, one of the whites is used to glaze the top, as well as milk and butter and all that parmesan.

It made a moist and soft loaf with slightly chewy crust and it's perfect for toasting. It also makes an awesome grilled cheese sandwich. King Arthur flour seldom steers me wrong, and I can whole heartedly recommend this recipe.

I did make the dough in the bread machine and then bake it in a 9x5 pan.

I'll definitely be keeping this recipe, it would be very good with chili or as a garlic bread too, I think.

Annie

Comments (11)

• lindac
    11 years ago

Nummy!!

• whgille
    11 years ago

That bread looks very tasty!

Silvia

• User
    11 years ago

Wow, thanks for the recommendation. I've been looking for a more savory bread to make. A lot of the bread now is sweetish and not good for sandwiches. Even the grandchildren are complaining about "sweet" bread - and that's about store bought bread!

• User
    11 years ago

Wow, thanks for the recommendation. I've been looking for a more savory bread to make. A lot of the bread now is sweetish and not good for sandwiches. Even the grandchildren are complaining about "sweet" bread - and that's about store bought bread!

• centralcacyclist
    11 years ago

What a beautiful bread. I love cheesy breads. I would eat the whole loaf, possibly all at once. Too dangerous!

Eileen

• momto4kids
    11 years ago

Yum Annie! I came here today looking for a cheese bread idea...and now I've found it!! Thanks!

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

Beautiful bread, as usual from you, Annie! Cheese and bread - the staff of life! I will look up this recipe and try it soon.

Thanks!

Teresa

• pat_t
    11 years ago

And yet you didn't get us the link or the recipe! Shame!

Here's the link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Crescia Formaggio recipe

• pretty.gurl
    11 years ago

That would be amazing dipped in a tomato sauce.

• annie1992
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sorry, Pat, I was having some problems with links and photos last night, as you can tell from the huge pictures which I had reduced 3 times, but they didn't stay reduced!

That's why I referenced the King Arthur website.

This bread gets "cheesier" as you let it sit, I tasted the cheese more on the second day than I did right after it was baked.

Deb, I'm glad to see you here! I used "your" breadmaker, you know, that workhorse is still going strong, now I'll make rolls for Madison's first birthday with it, so a continuing "thank you"!

Momj47, this makes really good sandwiches, it's dense enough that it doesn't fall apart but soft enough to be "squishy", LOL.

Yes, Eileen, it's dangerous (wink) fortunately I have Elery and Cooper to help me with it.

Pretty_gurl, I'll bet the kids would like it with marinara and I think it would make awesome garlic bread too.

Silvia, thank you. As I said, King Arthur seldom steers me wrong, they definitely know bread.

Teresa, so far it keeps pretty well too, I think it's the eggs.

LindaC, is it yummy indeed.

Annie

• doucanoe
    11 years ago

That is a lovely loaf, Annie! I am going to try it as well. As soon as I finish off the asiago focaccia I made yesterday.

I was attempting to re-create the Sierra Turkey sandwich served at Panera. I used chef Ann Burrell's recipe from Food Network and added 1/2 c shredded asiago to the dough and another half cup on top. It was delicious and the sandwich was phenomenal!

I bet this bread would work very well for that sandwich, too!

Linda

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm