SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caliloo_gw

Need ideas for 'elegant' finger foods for a Sweet 16!

caliloo
16 years ago

Yea - a friend has asked me to "cater" her daughters Sweet 16 party. I am doing this strictly as a favor to the mom - she wants the best for her kid, but can't afford to hire a caterer to do it all. We have been friends for almost 20 years so I don't mind helping out.

Here's the rub - many of her daughter's friends come from very advantaged homes and she (the daughter) would like to have foods that are going to be impressive and still not force her mother to take out a second mortgage. They would like to serve "elegant finger foods", and I have several ideas of things that might fit into that category, but most will not appeal to the mostly 15yo - 18yo crowd that will be there. Oh yea - and the mom told me tonight to plan for 40 - 50 kids and 10 - 15 adults!!!!!!!!!!

They will probably want a shrimp cocktail platter and maybe my chicken salad profiteroles with chili glaze on the side... but what else?

PLease offer suggestions! The party is next Sat and I need to get this all done and ready before then!

A

Comments (30)