Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just can't get enough turkey - cheap at Safeway.

Posted by aptosca (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 23, 12 at 19:55

Went over to Safeway today and got another one for .59 cents a pound to put in our chest freezer. We will have it next Spring or Summer cooked on the grill rotisserie. They can be frozen 6 months to a year. It was so different shopping there compared to how it was on Wednesday when it was a zoo. The place was almost empty. Hope everyone had a good and filling Thanksgiving!
Clare

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just can't get enough turkey - cheap at Safeway.

Stop&Shop here in NY $0.59 a lb for turkey, $0.99 a lb for pork tenerloin, boneless.

Shoprite - Free turkey, any size, if you shop more than $300.00

dcarch

o

Scored a package of turkey wings today at the Harris-Teeter, the reason I went there. Should have gotten more than just one package, but I'll probably go back this weekend.

Also bought several pounds of sweet potatoes on Wednesday just because they were 27cents per pound!

Teresa

o

That's definitely cheap eats. And good eats too IMO. I've thought about it but I get my turkey fix at the buffet. It's less hassle than making it myself, even though I do enjoy cooking it, and smelling it cook.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here