Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Cannot Find My Recipe For Dinner Rolls

Posted by amck (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 18, 12 at 19:29

I found the recipe here and thought I'd saved it to my Clippings, but no...I tried Search to no avail, in large part because I can't remember the precise name. I think it's Heavenly Rolls, or Angel Rolls. I tried them for the first time Thanksgiving 2 yrs. ago, and I only make them on Thanksgiving.

I would be so grateful if someone knows the ones I'm looking for and can steer me to the recipe. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Cannot Find My Recipe For Dinner Rolls

Here you go!

angelaid (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 10, 10 at 12:48
Heavenly Dinner Rolls
1 cup milk
1/2 cup softened butter
2 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups bread flour
2 1/2 teaspoons yeast (bread machine yeast)
Mix room temperature milk - soft butter and 2 eggs in one bowl until blended. Pour this mixture into bread machine. Then mix sugar - salt and bread flour in another bowl. Pour the dry mixture into bread machine.
Now add the yeast to top of flour and just take fork to drag yeast into the flour. Do not get yeast wet at this point. Set machine to dough cycle and let it go.
Remove the dough from the machine when cycle is complete. Knead gently on a
lightly floured surface. Divide and shape into 24 smooth round rolls.
Place the rolls about 3/4 inch apart on a greased sheet pan. Cover the dough with a cloth and allow it to double in a warm place. I use my oven with just the oven light on - works perfectly.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 15 - 18 minutes. Brush with butter or a mixture of butter and honey while still warm from the oven.
I have made these with all purpose flour but I find the bread flour works best. I think I will make 30 rolls or so from this mixture as the rolls are large with 24. My family likes the bigger rolls tho.
They freeze very well as they do make a lot.

o

tami_ohio, thanks so much for your quick response. I wasn't going to make these this year, in an effort to simplify. No one had ever baked rolls from scratch until I did 2 yrs. ago and I thought it wouldn't be a problem going back to heat'n serve. But I got so many disappointed reactions to this that I've decided they're worth the effort.

I have made sure the recipe is now in My Clippings!

o

This is a recipe I got from this site also called angel rolls or biscuits.....Always a huge hit at my house.
Buttermilk Refrigerator Angel Rolls
1 Package dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup melted butter
4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon soda
2 cups buttermilk
Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixing bowl. Let sit 5 minutes. Stir in butter
Combine dry ingredients; add to yeast mixture along with buttermilk.
Stir well. Turn dough out on a floured surface, knead gently a few times and shape into a ball. Place in greased bowl, cover, and refrigerate until needed. Keeps for one week.
Break off a soft ball sized lump of dough and roll into a circle about 1/4" thick. Cut into pie shaped wedges and roll up from the wider edge into crescent shapes. You do not have to let them rise again.
Bake on greased baking sheet at 400 for 8-10 minutes

o

Glad I could help. As for my response being quick, it just happened that I checked in and had the recipe at that time!

Tami

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here