Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nordic Ware wreath pan?

Posted by bbstx (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 28, 11 at 19:28

Has anyone used this Nordic Ware wreath pan?
Photobucket

It is the perfect Christmas gift for a friend. However, it has one negative review which says the design doesn't look like it is supposed to. It looks like bumps. The only other review sounds as if it were written by someone who had bought the pan but not used it.

I would appreciate your collective wisdom about this item.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nordic Ware Wreath Pan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nordic Ware wreath pan?

Couldn't find any reviews of your pan....but did find another....which looks prettier to me....Oh and cheaper!!
But alas, no reviews. However Nordic Ware has long been a winner for me.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: wreath pan

o

I think the design will show fine if you bake something light such as a traditional pound cake. If you make a darker colored cake, like chocolate or gingerbread, the details won't show nearly as well.

/tricia

o

Thanks, y'all.

The reason I'm particularly interested in this pan is because I always buy my friend something with acorns. The Christmas wreath is pretty but doesn't fit my needs.

o

The Nordic Ware site shows a photo of a baked item. Looks detailed to me.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo of item baked in pan.

o

While I don't have that particular pan,
I do have a number of other Nordic Ware pans,
in several different designs.
Each one makes a beautifully detailed cake.
I can't imagine that this pan would be any different.
In fact, now that I've seen it,
I want one!

It could be, I think,
That the person who gave the bad review
Used a recipe not suited for a pan of this type.
I love Nordic Ware!

Rusty

o
Yes Yes Yes...

I have this pan!!!

I bought it last year (I think) and have only used it once. I made a dark cake - I can't remember exactly, but it probably was some pumpkiny, spicy type of cake. I sprinkled it with powdered sugar just before serving, and that really helped to highlight the design.

Without the powdered sugar, it did kind of look like a lot of bumps at first glance. Then once you really looked at it the design came into focus. The problem is not the pan - it is very detailed and your cake will reflect those details. Like a previous poster mentioned, I think the problem is the dark cake. Fortunately powdered sugar can solve that problem, and it is also about the easiest way to decorate a cake - LOL!

Nicole

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here