SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plllog

A Better Way to Dice?

plllog
9 years ago

I decided to make a big pot of beans. Why? Because I have a big pot! Last time I made barbecue beans they went fast, even from the freezer, so time to make a double batch, right?

The work is daunting. There seems to be a huge difference between four onions and eight, and between three peppers and six.

I would never "chop" the veg for beans in a Cuisinart. The rotating knife is great for mincing, but it's too uneven for my liking for chopping. My Cuisinart's bits are also starting to show a lot of wear. I think it could last another year or two, but I thought maybe I should look at Robot Coupe Dice, and while it does seem to work, it's way way overkill. I have a great mandoline which I hate cleaning, and the RC looks like a bigger cleaning task with more waste.

For under $200 I could have a dicing mandoline (which I'm sure I'll hate cleaning just as much), but I don't know that I want to store it. I'd probably have to rehome my current mandoline, and I don't know if the dicer will do everything the current one does, including accepting the long pusher.

There are also push through choppers but they only cut one direction.

Anyone have a better idea for dicing?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional